Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > LA/SanDiego.Okay to "wing it" - not making hotel accomodations - ?

LA/SanDiego.Okay to "wing it" - not making hotel accomodations - ?

Jan 5th, 2001, 07:29 PM
Brian

LA/SanDiego.Okay to "wing it" - not making hotel accomodations - ?

We are planning a vacation to Anaheim & San Diego and are hesitant to tie ourselves down by planning out our entire trip ahead of time, especially hotel accomodations.
Has anyone done this, with success & no regrets ?
Are there great hotel deals available?

Jan 5th, 2001, 10:31 PM
Barb

It depends on when you are going. If you are going off season, it will probably be ok, but during any school breaks or summer, I wouldn't risk it. Since you mention Anaheim, I am assuming that you are going to Disneyland. There is no other reason to stay in Anaheim. I like to stay on site at Disneyland and you generally need to book ahead of time for that. Even in the off season, they host lots of conventions, so it is still difficult to get a hotel room, even though the park may not be crowded. If you plan to see other sites in L.A., I would move on and not stay in Anaheim. In San Diego you will probably be ok winging it, but San Diego is also quite spread out so if you have your heart set on a particular location, it could be a little more difficult to get what you want without a reservation.

Search this Thread