Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   La Jolla, San Diego (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/la-jolla-san-diego-269231/)

SG Oct 29th, 2002 12:23 AM

La Jolla, San Diego

We're spending 4 nights there- any scoop?

xxx Oct 29th, 2002 03:04 AM

I think you need to be more specific if you want any replies. What kind of "scoop" are you seeking.

M.M. Oct 29th, 2002 03:46 AM

Nope....no scoop,if you need a scoop to walk your dog you will have to bring your own.They do,however,provide baggies along most streets and park trails to deposit your scooped poop.----Have a nice trip !!

LL Oct 29th, 2002 12:14 PM

La Jolla- Go watch the seals sunning themselves on the beach. Walk around the shops.<BR>San Diego- Old Town has museum, fun places to eat; Wild Animal Park is fun. What kind of things are you looking for?

sd Oct 29th, 2002 04:09 PM

There's a good ice cream shop called the Marble Slab on Ivanhoe. I'm sure you'll get the scoop there. Perhaps also at the Mrs. Fields on Girard-they sell ice cream too.

Darla Oct 29th, 2002 04:27 PM

Beware Scoop is a new gang term for pimping. I don't think this forum is appropriate for those kind of questions.

SG Oct 29th, 2002 11:49 PM

Oh, goodness. I was just wondering about any points of interest or things we shouldn't miss.

sugestion Oct 30th, 2002 02:17 AM

SG, read over other threads and ask a question with some substance to the question. You will not receive any serious replies with such a vague way of wording. Ask in an appropriate fashion to not leave others wondering just exactly what you mean.

tom Oct 30th, 2002 08:50 AM

just returned from a short trip to s diego---I had a great breakfast outside at the coronado hotel--and generally like to eat at george's in la jolla- and the beach at la jolla cove is intimate- the patio at la valencia has a great view--i sometimes get a drink there--la jolla has a little museum that sometimes has good shows -the zoo is also great--but not for food--

Suzanne Oct 30th, 2002 12:46 PM

Because La Jolla is a small town, One day might be plenty, but because you are so close to San Diego and LA, it's a nice location to stay overnight and visit those cities as well. <BR><BR>I found La Jolla to be extremely quaint -- the downtown area is small but worthy of exploring -- nice shops and restaurants, as is the oceanside walk. <BR><BR>As I will be heading back there in a month, I did a bit of research myself and found a tip to visit that Mt. Soledad for panoramic views of the coast. Take Nautilus Street to the far east end.<BR><BR>Be sure to head just north of La Jolla and visit Del Mar, another quaint community, and also Torrey Pines State Park. If you head toward Los Angeles at all, you may want to consider Laguna Beach/Laguna Niguel.<BR><BR>Naturally, you will be heading toward San Diego, as well? I hope so!<BR><BR>Have fun!

Barbara Oct 30th, 2002 01:02 PM

SG, as you will actually be in San Diego, you won't have to go very far to get there. LA, on the other hand, is a couple of hours north on the freeway. There is not a great deal to do in La Jolla other than shopping, eating and admiring the views. Otherwise, there are all the other attractions of San Diego - the Zoo, Balboa Park and the museums there, Sea World, the Wild Animal Park, the Embarcadero and the Star of India, the Cabrillo Monument, the Gaslamp Quarter. You could also visit Coronado where you will find the Hotel Del Coronado and another quaint little community. You might also try a search here for other ideas. have a great time.

xxx Oct 30th, 2002 01:07 PM

Isn't there also a Scripps Oceanography to walk through in the area close to La Jolla? Not earth shattering exciting, but I am sure it is interesting if you enjoy the under water sea life.

SG Oct 30th, 2002 04:16 PM

Sorry. I'm staying in SD first for business and plan on the zoo, museums and Sea World. I was wondering what spots I shouldn't miss in La Jolla itself.<BR><BR>Thanks