KUDOS to USAIRWAYS in Laguardia

Feb 18th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Original Poster

KUDOS to USAIRWAYS in Laguardia

I flew to LaGuardia 2 weeks ago and landed in a SLEET/RAIN storm..I need wheelchair assistance and flew into this same airport in NOV and had NO PROBLEMS..They meet you at the plane with a wheelchair and transport you to a van and drive you to the airport...

HOWEVER, on this particular day, the skycap lady picked me up at the bottom of the steps and the wheelchair was sitting in the pouring rain and was soaked. She had NO umbrella and the seat was a mess..She pretended to speak no english...I had to sit in the wet chair ( as I could NOT do the steps and go back onto the plane.)..I was drenched to the bone-thru my CLOTH COAT.

Anways, instead of putting me into a van for transport, she started wheeling the chair around the entire EXTERIOR of the airport...After a 15 min ride, I was freaking out and hubs was drenched from walking behind her.. I screamed to stop, and with great effort found a jet way with steps..and go back into the airport.

I was sooooooooo mad- but I got hold of a US AIR rep and told her what happened...
She,in turn, gave me her dept manager and told me to call her and let her know what was going on...I did..and left a message on her voice mail...

She ,in turn, called me back on my cell...apologized profusely--END RESULT---USAIRWAYS gave us 2 roundtrip tkts to fly them again..

This was handly so quickly that the vouchers were waiting in my mail when I arrived home from vacation...

CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT USAIR---they were WONDERFUL to deal with--even though this was a skycap problem. They handled it quickly and efficiently .

Search this Thread