Kuaia, Maui, & Hawaii July, 2004

Mar 31st, 2004, 06:54 PM
Original Poster
Kuaia, Maui, & Hawaii July, 2004

Hi, have been enjoying all the great info in the posts on Kuaia & Maui. We will be traveling with our kids 19 and 12 to to the above islands for the first time July 4 - 17 this summer. We have a total of 13 days to split between the 3 islands and want to make sure we have ample time to sightsee and just lay on the beach (want this to be relaxing).

We were thinking about 4 or 5 days on each of Kuaia and Maui, and no more than 3 days on Hawaii. don't have a huge budget for lodging ( would prefer less than $200/night) - any good suggestions of where to stay? Based on the posts I have read here, I think we are leaning toward someplace in the south end.

Anyone have any suggestions of things not to miss on any of the islands. Also, we have talked a little about stopping off to see the Polynesian Culture Center in Oahu. Is it worth the extra time and trouble to see this, or is that just too much to do in 2 weeks?

Thanks for your suggestions and advice!
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:06 PM
I'm spending one night in Waikiki on my way to the Big Island in May. I did a lot of research and checked a lot of feed-back sites and the Waikiki Parc Hotel kept coming up consistantly as a good, yet inexpensive place to stay. There website is waikikiparc.com, but also look at them through Expedia. I booked a room for $125.00. They also have packages that include breakfast and a car. One caveat, check with them about 4 people in the room. I understand that some people may have run into an issue. Do stop by the USS Arizona when on Oahu. It's a very sobering experience.

On Kauai, you can hike or take a zodiac along the Napili Coast. Very beautiful!

Have a wonderful trip!
Mar 31st, 2004, 09:13 PM
We're not going to Kauai until June, but I have a very thorough trip report on Maui from last July here: http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...1&tid=34436140

Do a search here for "Maui/Kauai/Big Island Trip Report" and you'll come up with more info on what to do than you will believe. It's hard to tell you what to do when you don't tell us what you LIKE to do on vacation.

Search this Thread