Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Knoxville to Gatlinburg to Smoky Mountain National Park to Asheville

Old Oct 4th, 2020, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! My husband I will be flying into Knoxville from South Florida on 10/22. We arrive in the evening, so plan to stay downtown for the night and, in the morning, head the scenic route towards Gatingburg and through the Smoky Mountain National Park and, by end of day, arrive in Lake Junaluska for the night. We then plan to head to Ashville, downtown, for the next night. Looking for things to do and see during this time, with such a short trip. Thursday night in downtown Knoxville, Friday night in Lake Junaluska, Saturday night in downtown Ashville, and Sunday night (can be a late arrival) we will stay near the airport for our Monday morning flight back home. We plan to take our time on Friday getting to Lake Junaluska and we have all day Saturday and Sunday to do whatever we want before, ultimately, ending back up in Knoxville.

Thank you for any tips! We can't wait to see some fall leaves changing. I have never been to these areas!