Notices

Knoxville, Tenn for a Day & Night

May 29th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Knoxville, Tenn for a Day & Night

Knoxville will be the 1st stop on our road trip. Any suggestions on local specialities? Recommendations on restaurants? Thanks!
May 29th, 2013, 08:33 AM

I'd stay around Market Square - it's the center of the downtown revitalization efforts of the last several years. I was down there Monday for the first time in years and there are several restaurants that look good. The Tomato Head has been there for years and stayed in business. There's also Preservation Pub, Tupelo Honey Cafe (a newish location of the Asheville restaurant), and other options.

What about Knoxville interests you? I grew up there and like it, but from a tourist perspective I'm not sure what you want to see. There's the World's Fair Park (not usually that exciting unless there's an event going on), the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame, you could walk around the UT campus and downtown.
May 29th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks -- actually nothing particular interested us. Just a stopping point on our trip in that it was a good driving distance from our home and near enough to Nashville to get there the next day without a long drive. Loved Tupleo Honey in Asheville.
May 29th, 2013, 06:03 PM

We were just in the square this past weekend. We were just there for a couple of hours. The Tomato Head was fantastic for lunch. Also stopped at Chocolates and Coffee which was good too. Cafe 4 and French Market(crepes) looked good, but we didn't eat there.

I did notice a Tupelo Honey right across from The Tomato Head in the square

Search this Thread