Search

Kings Inn Seattle??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 10:12 PM
Megs

Kings Inn Seattle??

If anybody has any thoughts about this hotel- please let me know. It offered a reasonable rate & location. We arent looking for the ritz just a clean comfortable place to stay!
I am Canadian so lets just say... our money doesnt go to far down south!

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Wendy

I'm not familiar with this hotel at all but the location is good. 5th and Lenora puts you just 5 blocks from the Beltown area. You may also want to check priceline as the rates seem to be good also while offering more 4 star hotels.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 01:19 PM
John

Very old fashioned motel-type place stuck between higher priced places. I stayed there years ago - let's just say I got to know my neighbors' personal habits...

Doesn't look much improved, but hasn't been shut down yet, either. Free parking is a plus. You could probably do better but not in this location.

For Pete's sake, though, try Priceline! Learn how to do it at www.biddingfortravel.com

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 02:51 PM
Megan

Unfortunatly Priceline.Com doesnt work for Canadians. Lets just say Im out of luck there & with the exchange rate!!!

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 04:21 PM
John

Megs, I apologize for the tone. I honestly didn't know Priceline says they only accept US-issued credit cards. However, on biddingfortravel.com there are a couple of threads in the "member announcements" section regarding Canadian bidders who have devised ways of overcoming this silly barrier. You might check it out.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Wendy

Sorry Megs, I didn't know that either. Is it the same with Hotwire?

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 04:33 PM
Jim

Kings Inn is a bit of a dump. Check out the Camlin Hotel which is an old hotel not unlike that ivy covered one I see when I go walking on the Vancouver shore. It is suberbly located and often a bargain because it's a bit down at the heels.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 08:07 AM
x

If $199 for three nights (midweek) sounds reasonable to you, check out The Inn at Queen Anne (I just did a google search, but forgot to copy the link - sorry). That's a special they are running now...it's in a neat location, and handy to the monorail. We looked at it a few years ago when we were staying somewhere else and I knew if we ever got back to Seattle, it's where I'd want to stay. Converted apartment building - mini kitchens in all units I think. Seemed very pleasant.