King's Dominon

Jun 30th, 2000, 03:29 PM
lori

King's Dominon

We're planning on taking our kids, ages 3 and 5, to King's Dominion this summer. We were last there 12 years ago. Today I read on another site a couple posts where people were saying the park is filthy and the nearby King's Quarters Best Western is a dump. Has it gone downhill that much? Do you think Busch Gardens would be a better choice? Thanks for any advice.

Jun 30th, 2000, 04:23 PM
Don

I live in Va. and have been to both parks many many times, including recently. While KD is far from "filthy" it is not up to the standard of Busch Gardens. BG voted America's best theme park last year or year before if I recall correctly. Used to be that if you wanted rides, KD was best; but Busch has invested heavily in some crazy coasters the past several years and I'd call the ride rivalry a wash now. BG has more shady areas, a welcome reprieve on hot humid Virginia Summer days. Busch has a really cool kids play area, as well as kiddie rides. KD probably has a little more for small children, however. I'd choose Busch Gardens. Also, you will have many more lodging options around Williamsburg vs. around Doswell which is a good 35 min. drive north of Richmond.

Search this Thread