SANTA BARBARA RESTAURANTS

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 02:56 PM
Sue

SANTA BARBARA RESTAURANTS

My husband and I will be going to Santa Barbara mid-July. Can any of you recommend some good restaurants there? We like all kinds of cuisine. Thanks. Sue

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 03:41 PM
kam

Three to give you from the sublime to the silly------Citronelle in the Santa Barbara Inn is the younger daughter of Michel Richard's Citrus in LA--good French, even the French like it. The Wine Cask in downtown----casual, California cuisine in a pretty courtyard, extensive wine list. Super-Rica Taqueria-----a favorite of SB resident, Julia Child, the best Mexican ever--don't dismiss it as a taco stand, but very informal.There are others such as Chart House and Piatti which are California chains, but still good unless you live out here and then they get boring. There's also the Montecito Inn dining room which has a lot of history associated with it and La Marina in the SB Biltmore Hotel. If you're staying in one of the many B&Bs they usually have sample menus for you to look at and can recommend as well as make reservations.

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 03:51 PM
Sue

Thanks Kam: All of those sound great!!! Sue

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 06:40 AM
lisa

Another vote for La Super-Rica Taqueria!! Delicious, inexpensive, VERY casual.

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 04:08 PM
toni

dont' forget the "Chase Grill" on state st...italian with great shrimp scampi. The "paradise cafe" is where the locals hang and has tasty burgers with a nice outdoor patio. For delicious cajun try the Palace on Cota st...cajun martini's in a mason jar that will knock your socks off...Try the Biltmore for a drink also...it's beautiful...

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 04:13 PM
Sue

Thanks for all of your responses!! We can't wait to get there. Sue