Search

KIDS IN BOSTON ????

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 06:59 PM
STEVE

KIDS IN BOSTON ????

I AM LEAVING FOR BOSTON ON SATURDAY THE 29TH.WE ARE TAKING OUR 9 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER.CAN ANYONE PLEASE ADVISE ME ON THINGS TO DO WITH HER TO KEEP HER BUSY/OCCUPIED AND INTERESTED....,.THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE

Old Dec 28th, 2001, 04:00 AM
bm

Steve,
Check out the Aquarium and the Museum of Science. Both are very fun and I'm sure your daughter will enjoy. The Aquarium has an IMAX theater and the Museum of Science as an OMNI theater-both have great shows. Walk through the Common and check out the holiday lights and the ice sculptures. I believe there will be ice sculptures in Copley Square also. If she likes sports see if the Celtics or Bruins are in town. Walk through Faniuel Hall. Go to the North End for some great pastry-Modern is good, Mike's also.

Old Dec 28th, 2001, 04:09 AM
bI

TURN THE CAPS OFF!

Old Dec 28th, 2001, 04:54 AM
Liam

What are your daughter's interests? I have a 9 yo niece who thinks she is quite sophisticated, so she loves doing "adult" things (shopping on Newbury St., going to lunch, etc). If your daughter is the same, there are plenty of things to do.

If your daughter is more "kid-ish," (i.e., more normal than my niece!) the previously suggested Aquarium and Museum of Science (and their respective theatres) are good ideas.

You could try skating at Frog Pond in Boston Common. I don't know if the observatory at the Hancock Tower has re-opened, but that could be a good idea (or try the Prudential Tower).

Also, Boston Ballet is still putting on "The Nutcracker" at the Wang Center. I know it's after the holidays, but I know very few 9 yo girls who don't like it.

Old Dec 28th, 2001, 05:43 AM
Joanne

Steve, how long will you be in Boston? As you might know, we have the nation's oldest and best First Night celebration. There will be dozens of shows and special events, and a great many are aimed at kids. Don't miss the parade and the fireworks! Check out their web site for ideas:

www.firstnight.org