Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Keystone in summer (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/keystone-in-summer-333170/)

Karenackermann Jul 2nd, 2003 12:04 PM

Keystone in summer

Has anyone stayed in Keystone,CO during the summer. They offer an Adventure Passport that supposely give you free activities during your stay. Is it worth using? We will be there with two kids, 8 & 10. Thanks for any information.

Coskier Jul 2nd, 2003 01:04 PM

Karen, we are in Keystone most weekends. The Passport is great. It has many activities for everyone, you will use it! It also includes a "kid?s night out" really parents night out that we have used many times for our out of town guests. Note that you can purchase the passport separately if you find lodging from someone other than central res. I suggest that if you're on a budget look at some of the owner direct sites. We have found that even by buying the passport we have saved allot by renting from the owners. A good site for that and other information is www.summitnet.com . You will not need a passport for each family member as most are age appropriate such as wine tasting.

We love Keystone in summer many things to do lots of special events, festivals. Hope you make it out if you have any other questions I will be happy to help.

PS our fav restaurant in Keystone in Fritz Alpine Café, great place to try on parents night out!

Coskier Jul 2nd, 2003 01:09 PM

PS another way to find condos direct from the owners is to search google.com just type in Keystone condo, there are quite a few owner sites.

julie_Colorado Jul 2nd, 2003 01:10 PM

We have a place in Keystone. My husband teaches skiing there. But I love the sumemr!! It is wonderful.... The adventure passport is usually included with your visit - if you stay in a Keystone property. If so, you will probably find a few things you want to do. If not, it typically isn't worth purchasing.

julie_Colorado Jul 2nd, 2003 01:35 PM

As coskier says, you might find the passport to be a great buy. You can always look at it, see what's included, see what it costs, and decide. I have bought them in the past with the best of intentions, and then not used much of them. Personal decision. You should love Keystone though!... VRBO.com has tons of Keystone rentals in all the major areas. Our place is in River Run - which is fine. But all the areas are quite nice.

Karenackermann Jul 4th, 2003 07:24 AM

Thanks for all the replies. Is River Run a good location? We would like to be in the montains but not too far from activities. Can you walk to everything in Keystone?

Coskier Jul 7th, 2003 06:26 AM

Not to sure what you mean by in the Mtns but not to far?

Keystone is in the mountians, Can you walk to everything, well depends on how far you like to walk. River Run has shops, resturants and the gondola all right there, its a bit of a walk to the "lake" area but we do it all the time. Really anyplace in Keystone is good. There is a free shuttle if you need it. Condos at the Mountain House base will put you between River Run and Keystone Village. But its all pretty convienent. I think you will be happy with whatever you pick. Many times we arrive on Friday and do not get in our car again till it is time to leave.

NYC30 Apr 22nd, 2006 07:19 PM

My boyfriend and I will be staying in Keystone over Memorial Weekend. Any suggestions on things to do? How can I find out if there are any special actvities for the holiday? Any and all comments/suggestions would be much appreciated!

apcg May 27th, 2007 06:49 PM

Do you know where I can purchase an adventure passport for Keystone? What is the typical cost?

I will be in Keystone next week staying at lodging from someone other than central reservation.

Coskier May 29th, 2007 03:52 PM

They have changed the offering on the Passport quite a bit since my post in 2003. You can call the activities desk and ask if they still sell them separate from lodging. We stopped buying them as it was no longer such a good deal. They even did away with "kids night out”

That said Keystone is a great place for a summer vacation!!!

http://denver.craigslist.org/vac/

is another good place to look for deals on condos. You can easily find a condo for under 100.00