Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Key West restaurants? Alexander Palms Court reviews?

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 02:50 PM
Carolyn

Can anyone make recommendations for good restaurants in Key West. I checked the Fodor's site but it has mostly Key Largo places. I would love a good range from cheap but great to expensive with views. No chains, please.

Also, we are staying at the Alexander Palms Court. Anyone ever been there or heard anything about it?

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 03:17 PM
Martin

There are tons of terrific restaurants on Key West. We were last there about a year ago (and have gone several times previously). Try: Square One; Antonia's; Alice; Latitudes (take a ferry to small key off Key West...very romantic). Good cheap eats: Mangia, Mangia and others. Get a Fodor's book...there's more in there.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 03:20 PM
Martin

Forgot our favorite: Cafe des Artistes-always make a trip there when we're on Key West (expensive, but worth it!).

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 04:31 PM
susan

For inexpensive: El Siboney for Cuban food, Half Shell Raw Bar for great fresh fish, Pepe's for all sorts of things, including the most sinful cholesterol-laden breakfast in the world!

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 05:30 PM
George

Check out chowhound.com . Go to the Florida board and do a search on Key West and/or the Keys. Lots of opinions and information there.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Marie

Do a search on this site (the U.S. Talk board) for Key West restaurants. I've noticed that people talk about it on this board much more than they add reviews to the Fodors Restaurant Review pages.

I was there in April. My favorites: Blue Heaven ($$)(especially for breakfast), Croissants de France ($$), El Siboney ($), Margaritaville ($$), and the Pier House ($$$). Oh, and the place next to the Hemingway house makes great smoothies - can't remember the name.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 06:23 AM
SA

Susan is on the right track, I'll add Louie's Backyard & A & B Lobster. I don't care for Mangia, Mangia. There is a better Italian place on Duval, but I don't recall the name.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Fisheater

The only place you will remember after the trip is the Half Shell Raw Bar. Eat outside on a picnic table with the water view. The more peopel in your group the better.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:29 AM
Carolyn

We leave tonight! I will report back on the trip when we return!

Thanks for everyone's input!

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:02 PM
EYW Local

The italian place on Duval could be Antonia's, LaTrattoria or Opera.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:10 PM
x

Antonias is very best for Italian food. A&B is very good. Try for a table on the wrap arpund deck. Do yourself a favor and don't do Louie's Backyard. They are only surviving because of the view.