Key West January 2023

Old Sep 18th, 2022, 02:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key West January 2023

An elderly friend and I would like to visit Key West for 2 or 3 nights in January. We plan to take the Key West Express from Fort Myers. My daughter may join us making it a group of 3.
We would like to stay close to where the ferry docks. I have never been to Key West so I do not know the closeness of the main attractions. I have looked at Key West Harbor Inn and the Popular House
and they are already sold out! I should have started earlier. Can you recommend a nice inn that is close to the old town, yet in a quiet area? We could take a taxi to our destination too.

I see that some rooms run $365 a night in January. That seems steep and may be the normal price. Thank you for any suggestions.
P.S. on a different note, though we are in our 70's, we are in good shape and love to snorkel. Would appreciate any great snorkel companies that will take us to the best reef.
Old Sep 18th, 2022, 07:28 PM

Key West in January is very expensive and very crowded. I’m not sure of the minimum stay requirement, but the Truman Annex has great accommodations and is very close to Fort Zachary Taylor which is a great beach for snorkeling. It is also close to the docks where the ferry would land. Just google Truman Annex and a list will come up.

The Banyon Resort is another place that is in old town. The resort is in a quiet area but within walking distance of everything.
https://www.thebanyanresort.com/

I’ve never use them, but Furycat seems to be the most prominent snorkel/tour group in Key West.
https://www.furycat.com/?nck=front

Enjoy your time there.
Old Sep 20th, 2022, 05:37 AM
Original Poster

Started Too Late

Originally Posted by barminski
An elderly friend and I would like to visit Key West for 2 or 3 nights in January. We plan to take the Key West Express from Fort Myers. My daughter may join us making it a group of 3.
We would like to stay close to where the ferry docks. I have never been to Key West so I do not know the closeness of the main attractions. I have looked at Key West Harbor Inn and the Popular House
and they are already sold out! I should have started earlier. Can you recommend a nice inn that is close to the old town, yet in a quiet area? We could take a taxi to our destination too.

I see that some rooms run $365 a night in January. That seems steep and may be the normal price. Thank you for any suggestions.
P.S. on a different note, though we are in our 70's, we are in good shape and love to snorkel. Would appreciate any great snorkel companies that will take us to the best reef.
Thank you for the accommodation ideas. Most places are booked, You are right, January is popular. I wonder what it is like there in early May.
Old Sep 20th, 2022, 07:17 AM

The winter months are the high season in Key West. May would be a good time to go, spring break is over but the summer crowd wouldn’t be there. We like to go in November. The crowds are smaller, the water is still warm and usually calmer than in the spring so the snorkeling is better.

Good luck with your planning. I hope you find the right time to go, it’s a nice destination.
Old Jan 9th, 2023, 01:37 PM

If you can find a room for that price, grab it if you want to be there in January.
Old Jan 10th, 2023, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

Decided to stay closer to Homestead but will put this in my travel notebook. Thank you!