Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Key West Hotels (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/key-west-hotels-282850/)

Yvonne Dec 30th, 2002 05:34 AM

Key West Hotels

I am looking for a hotel room that is water front with private balconies, clean, and quiet. I understand that I may not get "quiet" because Key West is noisy. I am willing to spend up to $200/night. Thanks!

Beary Dec 30th, 2002 08:52 AM

What time of year? Winter, $200 will get you the Comfort Inn while Summer thru fall $200 will get you almost anything in town. If it is winter, check priceline.

JoAnn Dec 30th, 2002 10:07 AM

Check out www.keywest.com for a list of hotels, inns, B & B's, motels. Most list prices too.

bob Dec 30th, 2002 11:31 AM

For a little more than $200 per night you can stay at the Hyatt. Do a search on line. You want to be on the west side of Duval stret so that everything is within walking distance.

haha Dec 30th, 2002 11:43 AM

200 a night!!! waterfront, private balconies etc. Very funny post. I hope you are looking VERY, VERY off season.

Maybe Dec 30th, 2002 11:50 AM

I think what you are looking for is next to impossible. Try biddingfortravel.com for a start. The Hampton Inn is nice and affordable but it is just your basic Hampton Inn but it is on the water and away from Duval Street.

LL Dec 30th, 2002 11:54 AM

Try the Southernmost on the Beach - very clean and right on the water. It is at the "other" end of Duval but we always frind the walk to be fun and entertaining, too. It is about 1 mile from there to the bars at the other end of Duval. The Southernmost also has another property across from this one which we have also stayed at - has a tili bar and 2 pools so you can use the ammenities at both hotels. I have stayed 6 times at these hotels and never a bad experience - very clean and Fun! I think the website is oldtowneresorts.com

x Dec 30th, 2002 01:39 PM

You will get more bang for the buck when it comes to hotel rates in the other Keys. Morada Bay and Hawks Cay are both good considerations.

Sue Dec 30th, 2002 01:41 PM

If you are looking in season $200 is going to be tough to find with everything you are looking for. The Sheraton Suites is not in the downtown area but it is very nice and very quiet.

Geoff Dec 30th, 2002 09:59 PM

One way of checking prices people are paying for various hotels through Priceline is to go to biddingfortravel.com and clicking on Key West / Key Largo.<BR><BR>Wyndham Casa Marina Resort in Key West was reserved for a bid of $60 per night in December per post at biddingfortravel.com<BR><BR>Again, you haven't stated when you are planning your trip.

Julie Dec 31st, 2002 04:24 AM

We're in our second week staying here in Key West and I wonder if you don't want to reconsider your need for waterfront. The uniqueness of Key West is in the conch houses and the whole feel of the place. That can best be achieved by staying in one of the b&amp;bs near but not on Duval St. Be sure to get a pool, though. It is warm and you'll want some water. Most of the waterfront, balcony places are away from the real charm of Key West and are kind of cookie cutter.

Jed Dec 31st, 2002 10:59 AM

I agree!! The B&amp;Bs there are the way to go. We loved The Mermaid and the Alligator.

x Dec 31st, 2002 11:40 AM

I have to agree with Julie. To get the true Key West flavor I would highly recommend staying at one of the many great B&amp;B's there. You will find many listed under 200 depending on the time of year.