Reload this Page >

Irene's Cuisine New Orleans

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:23 PM
Rachele

Has anyone been to this restaurant? My husband and I are planning on going when we are in NO next week. I have heard you need to get there early to avoid a long wait, so any commentary on what time on a Thursday night is appreciated. I'd love to hear about any other favorites that are moderately priced in NO.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:29 PM
doc

Fantastic food and service. we had to wait about an hour on a sat. night, but they brought us wine out front and it was fun to people watch. Go,its worth the wait. most likely not as bad on a thursday.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:52 PM
Dan

Great place! Expect a wait on an off-season Tuesday, much less a Thursday or Saturday, UNLESS you arrive at 5-5:30 to be in the opening group.

We went last week and waited 45 minutes on a Tuesday. As a previous poster said, there is a small bar area.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:54 PM
ellen

Returned from New Orleans last night. Heard Irene's was good, but menu was more limited than many other restaurants, so we didn't go. Generally, reservations seriously necessary anywhere on the weekend, not the other days. Four places we ate that earned points for great food and service were: NOLAs (reservations a must), Bacco's (Italian, reservations too), the Red Fish Grill and The Pelican Club. Definitely try out the crepes at Petunia's in the French quarter-huge!

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:33 PM
Just

We ate at Irene's Cuisine about a month ago. Went on a saturday night, got there around 7 PM and were seated in the piano room as we waited for a table. Had a glass of wine but noticed the guy playing the piano had already had about 2 bottles of wine. He played and looked like he was bombed.

Thank goodness we didn't have to wait too long (20 minutes) and were soon seated in the front room. Our waiter comes up immediately and he is a 60 year old British guy. Very nice but a little unexpected to put it mildly.

Food turned out to be just okay, nothing great. I did like the atmosphere in the dining area.

Maybe they had an off night in the kitchen but we weren't real impressed.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:47 PM
T

We were in New Orleans this past July and had dinner there one night (10 minute wait). The food was very good. We both had the lamb chops.

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 11:35 AM
thereuare

One of the best meals i've eaten, and represented a great value for the money!

(i had a filet mignon special with grilled shrimp on top... excellent)

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 12:34 PM
Rachele

Thanks everybody for the great feedback and suggestions.