We're planning a long weekend trip to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail in May with another couple. Looking for any info or suggestions on how many days it takes to complete it (is 3 enough?), where to stay over during the trip (I think we'll starting in Lexington and heading west from there), and any suggestions on restaurants, pubs/bars, and other unique activities or places to visit in the area. We're not looking for anything fancy, just casual and fun.
Also, are there driving services you can hire for the area each day? Maybe the better question is -- is that something we would need or want? We're not really interested in a full-on packaged tour, but didn't know if that is something any Bourbon Trail vets could/would recommend.
As always, thanks for the info, insights, perspective and advice. I know our fellow Fodor travelers always have the best suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AOL-password-recovery-CONTACT-☎-1877-255-1244-AOL-Tec*h-24-7
- 2 Family winter holiday
- 3 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 4 NY theater district restaurant
- 5 4 days in San Diego
- 6 Trip to Cali
- 7 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 8 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 9 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 10 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 11 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 12 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 13 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 14 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 15 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 16 Big Sur weather in early December
- 17 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 18 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 19 Our next summer trip
- 20 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 21 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 22 Dulles to BWI
- 23 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 24 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 25 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation