Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Kennebunkport -- need a special inn for my parents

Jun 13th, 1998, 09:09 AM
Celia

My parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary next year, and I would like to send them back to Maine for a week. One of their stops would be Kennebunkport, and I am unsure about how to choose from the many inns and small hotels I see on the web. Any personal recommendations would be very helpful.

Jun 13th, 1998, 11:12 AM
tom pinnick

Try the Tides Inn by the Sea. It's in Goose Rocks beach Maine, thye town next to kennebunkport. A beautiful and quaint little inn

Jun 13th, 1998, 11:41 AM
Donna

There are so many wonderful inns in Kennebunkport. Best of the best (with prices to match) is the White Barn Inn. They do have many package plans. Even if your folks do not stay here, this is the very best place to celebrate their anniversary dinner. A truly memorable experience. Other wonderful inns include the Captain Lord Mansion, the Cape Arundel Inn (which overlooks the ocean), the Kennebunkport Inn, and the Mainestay Inn and Cottages. Over in Kennebunk, and across the road from the beach, the Sundial Inn is lovely.

Jun 13th, 1998, 07:30 PM
lori

ANother place I would recommend is the Old Fort Inn, in Kennebunkport. It's in a nice location, a bit secluded yet close to the water and not far from the main town. The rooms are in a separate building from the check-in / dining area, and all are decorated in a unique and tasteful style. Breakfasts are bountiful and delicious, served (weather permitting) on the patio by the swimming pool on the grounds. Not as expensive as the White Barn, but still very nice; a AAA 4-diamond property.

Jun 14th, 1998, 07:34 PM
flor

Is this a really touristy town? Would we be better off staying in the vicinity rather than right in Kennebunkport? Are there nice places to stay that are right on the ocean?