Kauai-Weather in April?

Mar 11th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Kauai-Weather in April?

We are going to Kauai April 6-15th. What is the likelihood of rain. We'll be staying in Poipu.

Thanks!
Mar 11th, 2007, 10:27 AM

Very likely that there will be rain somewhere on Kaua'i. Will it spoil your vacation? It's never spoiled ours. Poipu will likely be drier than other parts. Here is a great Hawaii weather site.
http://hawaiiweathertoday.com/?page_id=20

Mar 11th, 2007, 10:49 AM

We were in Poipu in October and it rained just about everyday.

The first night we were there, the clouds opened up about 2 am and I thought our first day was going to be ruined. The next morning the sun was out and the sky was a beautiful shade of blue.

Another day a cloud came over as were sitting outside and gave us a 2 or 3 minute rainshower. I enjoyed watching the clouds move across the sky and the rain felt so refreshing.

So, yes there is the likelihood of rain, but I doubt it is going to ruin your vacation. Don't worry and have fun!
Mar 20th, 2007, 07:55 AM

Just got back from Kauai, and we definitely realized that it's the Garden Island because of the rain and sun it receives. It also has the distinction of having the wettest spot on Earth.

That being said, whenever it was raining where we were staying, we just got in the car and drove to another part of the island. More often than not, it will not be raining on the entire island and most storms seem to come in from the southwest and move toward the center of the island. If you're up for an adventure, the West Coast, particularly Polihale State Park, almost always has intense sun. Not the best swimming beaches, but beautiful sand and water as well as a great view of the Na Pali Coast. You have to take a dirt road to get there however, so you might want to rent a 4x4.

If it does rain, a fun thing to do is to take an ATV tour. We did one in the rain at the Kipu Ranch and it was one of the most memorable experiences from our trip.