Notices

Kauai or Maui wedding in November?

Jun 6th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

Kauai or Maui wedding in November?

Hello Fodors!

My fiancé and I want to have our wedding on 11 11 11 in Hawaii. We're taking our family members a log. We got a really good deal on tickets and hotel. Aston hotel in Maui is giving us a really good deal.
My question is, where is the most romantic and beautiful spot to get married in either Kauai or Maui. We have several senior citizens with us as well. We would like to go on nice adventures, yet be able to relax. I heard Kauai rains a lot in November. We've never been to Hawaii, so I don't know what to expect.
We want to have a traditional Hawaiian ceremony followed by a reception at a restaurant with hula dancers. Nothing big.

Thank you so much!
Jun 6th, 2011, 05:19 PM

If you type "Maui wedding" into your search box, you will find wedding planners on the island that can set up everything just as you wish. Weddings are a huge business in Maui so you don't need to research the details yourself. A wedding planner will help you select from all the best options.
Jun 6th, 2011, 06:28 PM

We have been to both islands and I don't think you could go wrong on either. Personally, we though Kauai was overall prettier, but we only really saw the west side of Maui (where you will be most likely). I would consider these three areas: Kapalua on Maui (our fav area), Poipu on the southside of Kauai and then the north shore of Kauai. There are many other great areas though.

We tend to like to plan things ourselves, but I'm sure a wedding planner would make things easier if you can afford it. Have a great wedding in paradise!
Jun 6th, 2011, 06:38 PM

Kauai is a beautiful island, called the Garden Island. You would find good weather in Poipu on the south shore. The lawns of Grand Hyatt is a beautiful place to hold a wedding. The beach area in front of Shipwreck Rock is a good choice, too. The Hyatt has two good restaurants, Tidepools and Dondero's. They have a Luau on Sunday and Thursday nights.

http://www.kauai.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Search this Thread