Kauai North Shore: Princeville

Jan 19th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Kauai North Shore: Princeville

Aloha to all. We've decided on our family vacation to take in Kauai for 7 nights rather than Maui and were considering a stay at a Pali Ke Kua condo at the Princetown Resort this summer. Having just read about construction starting at the main hotel this Spring, with restaurants there possibly closing during the interim I'm concerned about what this may do to our stay at the condo. Will the construction noise be too much to handle? What about the golf? How will events there be impacted? Any info on this would be helpful
Jan 19th, 2008, 10:39 AM

Although you will see and hear construction traffic, your condo will be back from the Main hotel and most of the activity, so it should not be a major issue.

I have not heard anything about any of the golf courses closing. Perhaps one of the locals like Auntiemaire couold shed some more light on this. There are plenty of other restaurants other than the hotel resort ones to choose from, both in Princeville area and down in Hanalei and quite frankly, much more appealing to me.
Jan 19th, 2008, 02:15 PM

Why don't you surf onto the AOL Kauai board and repost your question there? There is a nice gal there, Juleen, who stays at that property on annual bases and would have a load of info for you.

Anna Roz
Jan 19th, 2008, 02:56 PM

Isn't Pali Ke Kua a fair distance from the hotel...like at least a half a mile or so? auntiemaria, who lives in Princevill has been posting lately, so hopefully she'll add her two cents worth.
Jan 20th, 2008, 06:30 PM

iamq,
Wife and I will be in Pebble Beach 3/5/08 till 3/8/08 and then in SF for a week. Are you and Martin anywhere in the area?
Jan 20th, 2008, 08:39 PM

Rich, you have mail.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:36 PM
iceeu2

Rich and iamq, there is a SF GTG right around the time you all are speaking of. That might be fun for you.

BnEmi, have fun on Kauai.

i'2

Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:14 AM

icee, won't speak for Rich, but what that group has planned doesn't sound like my cup of tea. I prefer my GTG small and stealthy.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:26 PM

iamq,
Stealthy,............you are still trying to get my beach shairs aren't you.

Prefer small, also.