Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Kauai...My first stop will be..... (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/kauai-my-first-stop-will-be-592309/)

visormom Feb 18th, 2006 06:16 PM

Kauai...My first stop will be.....

Forget checking into the hotel/condo...what is the first stop I should make after arriving in paradise????? Not yourselves out Kniners!!!!:) :) :)

jamaltay Feb 18th, 2006 07:25 PM

My guess would be the restroom. That is always my first stop after arriving on terra ferma. Second stop is a cocktail lounge overlooking the ocean for a mai tai.((D))8-)96 days.

jamaltay Feb 18th, 2006 07:51 PM

Hey Kal, you got directions to the Sand Bar?((D))8-)

visormom Feb 18th, 2006 07:55 PM

ureka!! has the sand bar re-opened???

jamaltay Feb 18th, 2006 08:03 PM

Don't know, hon, but I am hopin'((D))8-)

dfarr Feb 19th, 2006 04:20 AM

Depends on your arrival day and time. We're getting there Saturday morning and our first stop will be the Saturday morning farmers market so we'll have plenty of fresh fruit. After that I'm heading to my favorite spot on earth, Hideaways Beach!

iceeu2 Feb 19th, 2006 04:38 AM

Walmart, KMart or Long's. Be sure to stock up on plenty of POG for the week. It's good all by itself or with vodka or rum!

iamq(billyboy) is on vacation this week so he won't be able to respond.

g'lou has been banned from this forum.

makai is in another place now

and the ruler......

Kal....is a cameleon.....he comes and goes!

Which side of the island you staying on visormom?

visormom Feb 19th, 2006 03:31 PM

IC2...we'll be at the Princeville....miss the mod squad...hopefully, all will be back to their posts soon!! My trip preps. have been a blast with the K9 unit :) PS>>why the banishment of g'lou (located her on you other "board de jour") ?????

alanwar Feb 20th, 2006 11:38 AM

Last trip our first stop was fish express....

bluefan Feb 20th, 2006 10:44 PM

in honor of the fodor's K-club...

my first stop on 5/29/06 will be Air Kauai (auntiemaria's choice) for a heli intro to Kauai

then to Hamura's Saimin Stand (one of iamq's favs) to fend off my hunger pangs

before heading for a mai tai at the Sand Bar in honor of Kal

all the while wondering if the luggage will still be there in the mini van :-"

fraukie Feb 21st, 2006 12:33 AM

if I was going to Kauai today and heading to Princeville, my first stop would be to visit Percy- the Albatross ! ( we decided to name him & his little family )

visormom Feb 21st, 2006 07:19 PM

Is Percy Wilbur and Orville's daddy?

shanart Feb 21st, 2006 09:25 PM

Our first and last stop is the kalapaki grill. Fantastic fish sandwiches and grilled buffalo burgers on the roof top. The view is not to be sneezed at either! Can't wait to return!

PeggyJane Mar 1st, 2006 02:13 PM

As soon as you leave the airport, head ove to Hamura's Saimin Stand! It's off Rice St., on Kress St. YUM!YUM! We don't go until May. But my mouth is watering already!

iamq Mar 1st, 2006 03:17 PM

As dull as it sounds...Wal-Mart and a market for goodies. This last time, we dumped our bags at the love-shack and zipped off to the farmer's market in Hanalei and bought fresh flowers, bananas, mangos, papayas, star fruit and the best pineapples I've ever tasted. Then we went to Hamuras...:@)
-Bill

sea_wahine Mar 3rd, 2006 03:44 PM

I'm with Bill..
Check and see what farmers markets are happening..
the Hanalei one is so pleasant. For YOU, my dear, exulted guest, i *would* recommend your very own hotel bar for an excellent drink and heart-stopper view. I really want to check the Happy Talk lounge next door for the same, minus the fancy-pants.
fodor-everyone who's fodor-anyone seems to meet there!