Another Vega$ Trip Report

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all I would like to thank everyone that posts their trip reports, which in turn helped with our first time to Vegas.

Just returned from 5 days - WOW what a great trip!

Flew first class Delta from JFK to LAS arrived at Bellagio and checked in. We booked with AmEx Plat Travel services, so we paid $149 per night for a Dlx lakeview room, 21st floor. It was some view too - really beautiful espically at night we never got tired of watching the water show - we were very lucky and had a great view of the fountains and the strip!

The food at the Bellagio was excellent. First night we ate dinner at the Buffet. The second night we were not that hungry so we opted for champagne and caviar at Petrossian, which was perfect as we had 10:30 tickets for O. We also had dinner at Picasso, which was perfect in every way. Before going to Picasso we had Martinis at Fontana - a perfect way to start the evening! We also dined at Circo, once for lunch and once for dinner - also excellent.

We went to many of the hotels and took it all in. One morning we drove to the Hoover Dam...it was beautiful but very hot 113 that day! But it was nice to take a short drive and explore.

We only saw 1 show -- "O". I reserved seats months ago and we had 9th row - great seats and it has to be one of the best shows I have ever seen. The only thing I would do next time is go to the 7:30 show...10:30 is really late espically when you are on NY time.

Luck was on our side as we came home with $12,000.00! My husband and I both hit big $$ on seperate slots a few hours apart at the Bellagio, I hit for $4000, he hit for $4500! He also walked to Ballys and hit 2 seperate MegaBucks for over $3000 combined! He even won $600.00 at the airport! Considering we brought $5000 to gamble with we did pretty good....espically since we were smart enough to bring it home!

We had a great time and are planning to return in October.

And I thought I was going to hate it!

Old Jul 15th, 2004, 01:02 PM
lvk

OMG! Here I was, thinking how lucky you were to score a lakeview room at the Bellagio for $149, and then I read on that you won $12k! =D>

Glad you had a great time! (maybe by responding to this thread, some of your luck will rub off on us? We'll be there next weekend)
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 06:51 PM
bluestructure

How come I didnt win jack on the slots?? Which ones were you playing and how much? OMG, tips please

Old Jul 15th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Original Poster

I won on the fortune builder in the Bellagio and my husband won on the MegaBucks in the Bellagio, he also won in Bally's wheel of fortune and the one with the balloons (don't know the name) and wheel in the airport.

We also won a few hundred on roulette (sp?). I play quarters (5 credits per pull) but my husband plays dollars,and $5 dollar slots.
This was our first trip to Vegas, but my husband always wins (Atlantis, Atlantic City and Mohegan Sun). I think he's a slot whisperer - LOL

We did have a large gambling budget....but I do know the more you put in the more you win. You really do not win on nickel and penny and 2 credit quarters...the house has the advantage on those they keep a larger percentage of you money.

Also..I love video poker as sometimes if you just like to play you can go for hours on $100...

Most of the time though it is intuition...you just know. When your on your on if your not....go shopping
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 07:40 PM

Annabel, we won on the Wheel of Fortune at the Bellagio, in the same area as your MegaBucks machine!
The one over by the line for the buffet? The $5- machines. LOL
We won $1100-the first time we ever stayed at the Bellagio, on those machines. What fun it is!
Of course, we have not won on them since
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 02:37 PM

By the way, how much is the megabucks total jackpot up to now?