Reload this Page >

Kauai Marriot/Kauai Lagoon Resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2001, 08:04 AM
j

I have read that the Marriott is close to the airport. Has anyone had a really *bad* experience with the noise or is it tolerable? I'm debating whether to have my wedding at the Chapel by the Sea which is 15 minutes from the Kauai Lagoon Resort. Any chance I may have air traffic noise in the background during my wedding? Anyone heard of or seen the Chapel by the Sea?

Please help.
Thanks!

Old May 20th, 2001, 10:25 AM
Kim

I have stayed twice at the Kaui Marriott and do not remember the airport noise being a problem. It is a beautiful hotel with excellent service.

Old May 20th, 2001, 02:21 PM
koa

Marriot is a great property. You cant hear the planes from in the resort. Chapel by the sea is very nice.But its not on the beach. It overlooks nawiliwili bay. Awesome views.I believe there some web sites on getting married on kauai that can give you more options. if you want, i can look it up for you.

Old May 20th, 2001, 06:33 PM
Gloria

BIG MISTAKE !!!! I'M SHOUTING BECAUSE OF THE AIRPLANE NOISE!!!! Just kidding. The resort is great and I wouldn't worry about the planes at all.

Old May 24th, 2001, 04:00 PM
Lin

Actually, you CAN hear the airplanes. I was just there and was hesitant to stay there at first because of this. That being said, it's not overly loud or frequent (great soundproofed windows). The airplane noise is also kind of drowned out by the noise from the fountains in the swimming pool. The service at the hotel was great and we chose it because of its convenient location. I haven't heard of the chapel, but Kauai is definitely my favorite island!