Notices

Kauai lunch

Jul 14th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Original Poster

Kauai lunch

The last time we were in Kauai, quite a few years ago, we stopped on the highway on the way to Poipu at a roadside place...it wasn't that far beyond the airport. It had both indoor and outdoor seating. It had fish sandwiches etc., as I recall. It looked a bit like a shack; it was not a sit-down restaurant. You ordered at the counter but the food was very good, and it was very popular. Does anyone have an idea what the name of the place would be?
Jul 20th, 2011, 03:28 PM

almost sounds like the burger place right by the Mariiott at Kalapaki Beach near Dukes. Burger Hut maybe?? we always stop there for our first meal when we land however this place at seating upstairs and some downstairs but I don't remember outdoor seating so it might not be the place....Funny I that I can't remember the name - our erental car just knows the way and we get there and eat!
Jul 20th, 2011, 05:42 PM

You are close Shar - it is called the Kalapaki Beach Hut. I ate there last month, but I can't say I really liked the fish sandwich I ordered. It was undercooked marlin - yuck!

Search this Thread