Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Kauai Kountdown!!!!! (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/kauai-kountdown-765415/)

iceeu2 Feb 3rd, 2009 12:24 PM

Kauai Kountdown!!!!!

Oh yeah, you knew it was one of the ex K9 Kreeps before you opened this thread! Only 99 more days!!!

My research this time will be for the best fish tacos on the island! Give me your recommendations.

((r))i'2

FainaAgain Feb 3rd, 2009 12:56 PM

I thought it was Kal! No, another K9 Kreep :))

Have fun!

Kal Feb 3rd, 2009 12:59 PM

:-O:-O

Kreepy Kliques????

Try Monicos. Really good carnitas, too.

BTW...Brick Oven Pizza new location in Wailua/Kapaa in the old Wailua Family Restaurant.

rncheryl Feb 3rd, 2009 02:17 PM

Whoa! Don't think I speak the lingo of Kauai, and that could be a problem since WE ARE GOING IN MAY!!

Translation, please

iceeu2 Feb 3rd, 2009 04:39 PM

When will you be there in May?

Kal Feb 3rd, 2009 05:28 PM

rn....loooong story that's over and done.

The old Kauai Klique looks soooooo tame compared to the various polital cliques IMHO. :)>-

lvk Feb 3rd, 2009 05:43 PM

Aww, quit yer braggin' !!

In support of your research: We loved the fish tacos and flautas at the 'Anini Beach Shack, which every real K9 knows is not a shack at all, but a truck parked at 'Anini Beach.

Have a great time! Of course, pictures and a report with restaurant reviews will be expected upon your return. :D

iamq Feb 3rd, 2009 06:07 PM

:&:&:&

smooch

Mary2Go Feb 3rd, 2009 10:02 PM

My thoughts exactly Kal!

I long for the days of the klique!

iceeu2 Feb 4th, 2009 03:52 AM

Well now Mary2Go, once a member always a member.....you can immediately be reinstated by paying your dues. But, just what happened to that blasted Krown???

:&, bbq, that's what started this love affair!

rncheryl, the K9's were this wonderful group that gave excellent Kauai "travel" advice back in the good ole days!

coochie ((L))((r))

iamq Feb 4th, 2009 05:08 AM

Well, howdy doody then! Let's have a reunion right here on icee's thread!

Where's gyppie? Where's JohnD? Where's makai1?

Mary, aren't you the one that nurse ratchet called a wannabe K9? Or was that lvk?

Can I still be a K9 if I haven't been to the hell-hole since 2007 and have no plans to visit into the near future? Can one be a K9 by resting on past glories?

iceeu2 Feb 4th, 2009 05:27 AM

once a member always a member

Do you have the krown or did OSB end up with it and never gave it back? I think she may have even lost some of the jewels. Perhaps gyppielou has it in anticipation of returning!!

Wally, Eddie and Beaver were always my fave K9's.

Remember daydreamin? We thought she was just daydreamin and then showed us by staying on the HH for an entire month!!

lvk Feb 4th, 2009 06:28 AM

iamq - It was I who referred to you as the "Kauai Komedians Klub", without realizing how un-PC those initials would be. I'm not sure who came up with K9.

I haven't been there since 2005 and, as of now, have no immediate plans to return :(. I think one of those humorless posters once branded me as a "wannabe".

iamq Feb 4th, 2009 06:48 AM

Ah yes, the triple Ks! I remember those days like they were 3 or 4 years ago!

Humourlessness was very big here for awhile, and then Kal kame back and that took care of that!

makai1 Feb 4th, 2009 08:15 AM

AAALOOHHHAAAA!!

So good to see you all together in one spot... where's gyppie??

Kal's prob still recovering from the Super Bowl hooplah for his beloved Steelers!! He'll be here soonah or latah.

I miss Mels too.

Icee, I'm still tryin to work on gettin to the hellhole, but it's not lookin too promising. Maybe later in the year.

Has anyone been able to resurrect one of those wonderful ole hellhole threads? (not the humourless one... who needs humourless?!!)

Aloha to all... mahalo for the Kountdown!

mak
((R))

gyppielou Feb 4th, 2009 09:40 AM

Holy Roosters and Rainstorms it's a chilly cloudy morning in paradise.

Did you not all get my memo? I gave wearing the tiara years ago, out of respect to Queen Liliuokalani. Now where could that have ended up? They will be looking for it when they open the K9 wing at the "Roosters and Silly Tourists Doing Bad Things in Paradise Museum."

JohnD Feb 4th, 2009 01:10 PM

Wow only 49 more days, :? but then again since ((R))((R))((R)) all the time @ that ((o)) of year and with all the critters on the move and ~:> fuss & feathers~:>, we'll probably just go to Maui, or maybe even that hellhole wannebe, the voggy, Big Island. :S-

gyppielou Feb 4th, 2009 01:15 PM

Good lord JohnD - bring a ventilator, oxygen tank and some visene!

JohnD Feb 4th, 2009 01:25 PM

Aloha <font color="blue">gyppielou<font color="black">, ((I)) yes those items should complement our vog-((w))-proof imitation %%-@};- %%-((F))%%- leis quite nicely.</font></font>

gyppielou Feb 4th, 2009 01:27 PM

and lava repellant, for the love of all things sacred, do not forget the lave repellant!!!!!