Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Kauai in May 2007 (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/kauai-in-may-2007-a-601849/)

RichinPA Mar 23rd, 2006 03:16 PM

Kauai in May 2007

Auntie M, you can probably offer the best advice here. We are making plans to get back to Kauai in 2007. We have always visited there in late July into August and have had great weather. Since my wife recently retired from our school district we can now go earlier in the year.

How is the weather, generally, in the month of May. Is it a gamble, or should we stick with July.

makai1 Mar 23rd, 2006 03:59 PM

Aloha Rich...

May in Kauai is heavenly... I've done both May and July and the weather on the north shore couldn't be beat. Where do you normally stay??

((R))

iamq Mar 23rd, 2006 05:26 PM

Rich!
If you go in May, you'll miss out one of Kaua'i's top attractions: Me and Martin! We're going in July!
-Bill

auntiemaria Mar 23rd, 2006 09:27 PM

So glad to learn that you'll be returning, Rich. Sunset at HBR again, for sure!

May -- as makai1 has noted -- is some of the best weather in the islands (ditto for
September).

And then you can come back in July so you don't miss iamq and Martin. 8-)

HappyCheesehead Mar 24th, 2006 10:09 AM

sorry to butt in - would the second half of April also be as nice as May, or are there changes that roll through in May? Hubby turns 50 April 16, 2007 and we could go the first half or the second half of April - any thoughts?

iceeu2 Mar 24th, 2006 11:14 AM

Cheesehead, be there for his birthday!!!!!!

And, aloha to you all.......dry out yet AuntieM?

iceeu2 Mar 24th, 2006 11:19 AM

RichinPA, we were there in 2005 during the month of May and loved it. Our 2007 trip is probably going to be in February or March.

RichinPA Mar 24th, 2006 07:56 PM

Hey all,
Thanks for the replies.

IamQ, that may just sway Georgis to stick with July, it was a blast meeting you guys and AuntieM

Makai, we have 3 weeks of timeshare at "the Cliffs" in Princeville. Love the north shore.

iamq Mar 25th, 2006 06:03 AM

Rich,
If we are there at the same time again, we'll have to work out an arrangement for sharing "our" tree at Makua (Tunnels)! HAHA 8-)

-Bill

makai1 Mar 25th, 2006 07:20 AM

I just might have to attend this GTG!! Don't want to miss all the fun! :D

3 weeks at the Cliffs! Excellent! ((R))

iceeu2 Mar 25th, 2006 12:12 PM

makai....am I going to have to change my plans too? ((r))

RichinPA Mar 25th, 2006 12:55 PM

IamQ, no problem sharing the tree, plenty of room, but stay away from my beach chairs. I know you were eyeing them up last year. hehehe

iceeu2 Mar 25th, 2006 01:53 PM

OH..........those chairs! Every email he sends is about how he can snatch those chairs Rich! You think you could give us a make and model...blah, blah, blah so we can make the little jealous one happy!!!!

iamq Mar 25th, 2006 02:30 PM

What beach chairs? I don't recall being envious and jealous of any beach chairs. :^o

-Bill

RichinPA Mar 26th, 2006 05:36 AM

If I could get more of those chairs, I would.
We bought them in 1995 from the In Flight magazine coming back from Kauai through Hammecher and Sclemmer(spelling??) The chairs were made by a company called ExpresSit.

They fold up very compactly and we bring them over in my carryon. They open up to a full lounge chair for the beach and are very comfortable.....get you off the sand just enough and have 3 reclining positions, plus flat.

Unfortunately, the company went out of business and are no longer avaliable.

I was able to find a spare set from a guy in NYC on Ebay and I drove in one day from PA to pick up, so we have back ups when these wear out.

Bill, I may be open to renting Georgia's out "by the Hour".........bring a BIG checkbook.

RichinPA Mar 26th, 2006 05:40 AM

By the way, it id March 26th in PA and I awoke to an inch of snow..........so right now I am very envious of all of anyone where it is not snowing.

iamq Mar 26th, 2006 06:06 AM

Rich!

You have an extra set? You should not have told me that! Enjoy the snow!

-Bill

iceeu2 Mar 26th, 2006 06:45 AM

I see it now....billyboy.....trying to get in his will......for chairs, no doubt!

iamq Mar 26th, 2006 06:52 AM

I'2,
Great minds think alike! However, I don't want to wait until he dies! I was thinking of maybe a GIFT now or something along those lines. :-d K9s have to take of their own. Yes?

Where are the banter police?

-Bill

iceeu2 Mar 26th, 2006 07:20 AM

Perhaps he should just load them all....AND.....leave 2 with AuntieMaria (think we can trust her?)...for everyone else's use!!

((r))