Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Kauai Helicopter tours- Safari or Will Squyres? Any comments?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 1999, 07:15 PM
Scott in cowtown

Please help- leaving in 3 weeks and we need to make reservations soon. Anybody have any experience with these two? Are there any bad seats in the ASTAR helicopters?

Thanks all...

Old Aug 19th, 1999, 08:17 PM
jo

We were there a few years ago and flew with someone who advertised as "the Ferrari of Helicopters". We landed in a canyon by a waterfall and climbed around. It was great fun. He was somewhere around Poipu-above the Spouting Horn.

Old Aug 20th, 1999, 01:03 PM
Ruth

Scott,

I'm a great chicken who doesn't like helicopters, but a good friend flew with Jack Harter, and absolutely loved it. Many travel books rave about his service, too. Doughty & Friedman, in "The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook", recommend Chuck at Air Kauai, and second to him, Jack Harter.

Old Aug 20th, 1999, 03:36 PM
Jim

We were there last fall and flew with Air Kauai. We loved it. We did not have Chuck as a pilot but his partner was great. Very informative, smoothe ride, great ride. Would do it again next time we go back.

Old Aug 20th, 1999, 11:26 PM
renee'

We did South Sea Helicopters (see web page for info) when we were in Kauai a few years ago...only 4 to the aircraft, narration by the pilot who was very informative and cordial...i don't remember making advance reservations before we left...i think we just reserved like 24 hrs before we planned to fly and it was wonderful!!

Old Aug 23rd, 1999, 06:23 PM
Susan

We flew out of Princeville. The helicipter ride was fantastic. We all had an excellent view and the pilot was very knowldegeable. My husband takes the pictures and he would suggest when to take them - so as to get the best shot. My favorite part of the flight was to look down at a whale with her baby. He flew around a couple of times to make sure my husband got a good shot. We had a wonderful time.