Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Kauai GTG (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/kauai-gtg-513393/)

iceeu2 Mar 17th, 2005 09:37 AM

Kauai GTG

I posted this one other time a different way..so here goes again.

Budman, AuntieM, blue kite and myself, along with our so's are getting together on Friday, May 27th.

Who else will be on the island to join us?

Only the date is set...time and place tbd.

Budman Mar 28th, 2005 05:11 AM

I posted this on the Aston Islander on the Beach thread then found this one:

Author: Budman
Date: 03/27/2005, 06:58 pm
We're staying on the West Coast the first 3 nights (26-28 May), and 29 May-1 June at the Islander.

Let's go for the picnic/BBQ area at the Islander's pool area. Let's say from 5-7pm for cocktails (I'll bring some of my wine) and hors d'oeuvres and/or pizza. I'll want to head back West before it gets too late.

Any other suggestions? ((b))

z Mar 28th, 2005 05:46 AM

Budman, AuntieM, blue kite and iceeu2 I'll be waiting for your photos. We are arriving on 27th but on Oahu

auntiemaria Mar 28th, 2005 07:35 AM

I've got my calendar for 5/27 marked "Fodor's GTG".

Islander @ 5PM works for us. 8-)

iceeu2 Mar 29th, 2005 04:26 AM

Islander at 5 pm works for us also.

Budman, you are the one who needs to determine what time works best...it will be your first full day on Kauai, and you may be whining when it's time to "meet those people" instead of continuing your days' events!

Let's keep this topped as I'm sure there are other Fodorites who will be there and just haven't seen this post.

It's only 46 more days until ((r))((r))((r)) s.

Budman Mar 29th, 2005 04:34 AM

iceeu2 -- no :(( here. ((a))

I'll be there, wearing my happy face. :d I'll bring some cheese & crackers, along with some "whine." ((b))

Sandra_E Mar 29th, 2005 03:04 PM

*whine*

You all have to go back to Kauai & have another GTG the first week of October when we are there!

LOL

-Sandra
187 days til ((r))

Samsaf Mar 29th, 2005 03:30 PM

We'll just miss it. We'll be there June 4-11. Y'all have fun.

iceeu2 Mar 29th, 2005 05:15 PM

Samsaf, aren't you in the Atlanta area? We need to have an Atlanta area gtg...starrsville posted the other day and most of the responses were for Alabama....

starrsville Mar 29th, 2005 05:24 PM

iceeu2, some Atlantas were posting about a possible GTG and the Park Tavern was mentioned.

iceeu2 Mar 29th, 2005 05:25 PM

I missed that starrsville...

Budman Apr 1st, 2005 11:31 AM

ttt ((b))

iamq Apr 1st, 2005 11:44 AM

Wahhhh. Every time this gets topped I get another cruel reminder that while you guys are whopping it up, I'll be slogging away and will still be counting the days. I wanna come! :((
-Bill

iceeu2 Apr 1st, 2005 12:05 PM

Budman, we're gonna need more cheese to go with iamq's "whines"!
Billyboy, we will post a nice group photo!

Samsaf Apr 4th, 2005 03:39 PM

iceeu2, I just saw this message. Yes, we're in the Atlanta area. I hope you all have a wonderful time in Kauai! When do you come back? Do you think you'll have time to post a trip report before we get there on June 4th?

Well, actually, I'll be out of town from May 29th to June 3rd, also (mother/daughter cruise with graduating daughter), so I probably won't have time to read a trip report in between the trips. We'll get home on the 3rd around 7-8 p.m., and then the whole family (5 of us) leaves for the airport for Kauai on the 4th at 9 a.m. (And then get home on the 12th -- son has surgery on the 13th). There's nothing like planning down to the last minute!!!

iceeu2 Apr 4th, 2005 04:05 PM

Wow, samsasf, what do you do, just keep your bags packed? We get home about 5ish or 6ish pm (Chattanooga) on the 29th, I think. Then another hour to home for the big crash.
Have a wonderful vacation-all of them...and the best to your son and the rest of the family on his surgery.

Budman Apr 4th, 2005 06:03 PM

Topping. Come one, come all.

Who's going to bring the wine glasses? I hate to drink good Budbrew from a paper cup. ((a)) ((b))

iceeu2 Apr 5th, 2005 04:28 AM

Hey Budman, please email me at [email protected]......I had scotty's send me a menu and thought you might like to see one also...

Come on everyone!!! I just know there will be more than the 4 couples in Kauai on May 27th....

Samsaf Apr 5th, 2005 05:45 AM

Hey, iceeu2, are you from Chattanooga? That's where we're from originally (until 1996). Most of my family still live in the area (north of Chattanooga), and I was there this past weekend.

We usually don't plan vacations back-to-back, but because of our daughter's graduation and son's surgery, that's the only way it could be done this year.

Thanks for the thoughts about our son.

pspercy Apr 6th, 2005 08:16 PM

icee
My wife & I will be delighted to attend the GTG and buy a round, please send tix or make-over 70K miles to us and we'll be there for sure ;)

Have a great trip.