Search

Kauai Coast resort

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kauai Coast resort

Staying at the Kauai Coast Resort in Sept 05 for my 25th anniversary. Never been to any island in Hawaii before. Am very excited. We have an oceanfront condo at the Kauai Coast Resort. Can anyone give me their opinion on the resort? I have 6 full days there-2 days flying. Will that be enough? Thanks for your help.
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 01:02 PM

Excellent lodging choice -- renovated early this year (for conversion from hotel, to condo).

Near but not _on_ the highway, with its congested traffic. Take time to enjoy the view as you do the "Kapa`a crawl" through the area!

Easy stroll to Coconut Plantation Marketplace -- lots of shops, dining options, and a multi-screen theater.
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 09:34 PM

We stayed at the Kauai Coast Resort last August. We loved it. Very nice decor inside. We had a 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It was quite roomy. We even had 3 TVs (not that you'd want to watch TV on vacation... but the kids liked it at night!). The kitchen was fully equipped.

For some strange reason we could smell cigarette smoke inside our room, from an ajoining room most of the time. The management kept bringing in air freshener and brought in an air purifier while we were out during the day. I think our room was an anomaly however... I didn't hear that any of the other people staying there had the issue. We're not ultra sensitive to smoke... so it was strange. We were only there a few nights (staying the balance at the Hyatt) so we didn't ask for a room change.

We found the Kauai Coast a very quiet, relaxing place to stay.
Old Jan 1st, 2005, 01:53 AM

Re: your question about sufficient time, glad to read you'll not be there any LESS than 6 full days. I find it takes a couple days to fully settle into the laid back spirit there, 'specially as it sounds like you'll have a long trip.
Kauai is wonderful!! Your hotel's location is central to much of the island. And you'll be right near the great little poolside bar (at Islander on the Beach) which Kal (frequent contributor to this board) enjoys. I second his recommendation! (AuntieMaria, do you know if it's still there, with the conversion to condos at Islander?)
Beach at Kauai Coast Resort is lovely for strolling, but not good for swimming. However, there are many great beaches not far away. Have fun researching the possibilities!
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks you for all your comments. I have heard there is a restaurant at the resort and that it is pretty good. Can't find a lot of info on it though. Does anyone know anything about it? Should we go to tidepools for our anniversary dinner?