Kauai, Big Island, or St. Thomas VI.

Feb 16th, 2001, 11:26 AM
moe

Kauai, Big Island, or St. Thomas VI.

I am finally turning in all my miles to take my family on an extremely memorable yet relaxing vacation. I have 5 children ranging from newborn to 13 years old. We have decided between Kauai, Kona, and St. Thomas/St. John US Virgin Islands. We have been to Maui before and loved it, but don't know what we are missing with the other locations. We are an active family (with a newborn) and can only handle laying around or swimming at a pool or a beach for a few hours each day (excluding snorkleing). I am not sure where we will be staying as that depends on the location. It will be a resort with a kitchen (so I'm looking for suggestions on that as well). I am looking for the best place to go between the 3 above; focused on great soft-cool-sand beaches, great-not rough-snorkeling, beautiful landscaping and hiking, quiet/relaxing yet "accessible" to some nightlife, 85 degrees and up days, and affordable dining.

Please help; I will be planning the trip for august 2001, but need to make these arrangements very soon, due to some restrictions on some airline tickets that I have. (Please use this message board for replies.)

THANKS

Feb 16th, 2001, 11:31 AM
Jim

While St. Thomas is beautiful, I would find the constant badgering of people trying to sell you something to be more than I'd want to subject my family to. Go to Kauai and have a great time!

Mar 13th, 2001, 07:33 PM
Cali

St. John is wonderful for a romantic getaway. No night life. But the best beaches. Kauai is the way to go.

Mar 13th, 2001, 10:25 PM
Frank

Quite frankly, I would NEVER take ANY of my children (or myself ever again) to the USVI (and that includes St. John). Go with the Hyatt Regency on Kauai. Your children will love you forever for that decision!!

Search this Thread