Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Kauai: Anyone know anything about Emmalani Court condos in Princeville?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hubby and I have a condo booked on the North Shore at Sealodge for 5 nights in August BUT it has no air-conditioning. DH gets really hot when he sleeps, so I am looking around for condos on the North Shore with AC. (Rare, I know).

I found an Emmalani Court condo on www.kauaivacationrentals.com that looks lovely and has AC, but I can't find any info on this complex from Kauai Revealed, Trip Advisor, or a search here. Anyone know anything??
Old May 4th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Original Poster

Another complex I'd love opinions on that I also found with AC in some units is Villas of Kamali'i...Thanks
Old May 5th, 2005, 08:31 AM

Emmalani Court is just down the street from our house -- about 5 years old, with very nice, upscale units. It's located on ocean side of the main road into Princeville, close to the Princeville Hotel. Parking is in nearby carports and parking lot.

Villas of Kamali`i is about 2 years old -- also upscale, some with views of the mountains. It's located inland, on the Hanalei side of Princeville (no oceanviews). Each unit has its own private garage for parking.

If A/C is an issue, you'll be happy with either property.
Old May 5th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, auntie! That's great information and very helpful to me since I have not found much info. on either of these places.

Our main objective to spending time on the North Shore is to visit the beautiful beaches (Tunnels, Kee, etc...), see the Na Pali Coast, and all the breathtaking scenery there. How far of a drive would either of these complexes be from the things we want to see?

We are also spending a few nights on the South Shore at the Hyatt, so we can see that part of the island then. Thanks again!
Old May 6th, 2005, 01:39 PM

First, a gentle correction -- don't call it "Tunnels". The name of the beach and the entire area offshore of it, is Makua.

Makua translates to "parent" -- and parents are the ones who feed and nurture their children. To the native Hawaiians, names of places are not given lightly. In the case of Makua, the area was given that name because it feeds the children -- an abundance of fish and other seafood from the waters, varieites of limu (seaweed), and there was a nearby lo`i (taro field) in ancient times. It is a very special place, especially for native Hawaiians who live on this island. Show respect for the culture easily, by using the right name for this one, 'kay?

K-den...Makua and Ke`e are mere minutes away from Princeville. Figure 5 minutes to Hanalei, another 5 or so to Makua, less than 5 from there, to Ke`e. But you'll want to stop at the various beaches along the way, too. Get a good map -- beaches are well marked, and _all_ beaches in Hawai`i are open to the public. Sometimes you have to hunt for the "beach access" path, but they are usually well-marked. And head a bit south -- 10 minutes or less -- to enjoy the snorkeling at `Anini Beach (enclosed by this state's longest reef, very protected from heavy wave action).

Have a _great_ time!
Old May 13th, 2005, 03:34 PM

auntie..
every post i read by you over time makes me like you more! You are a voice of local reason and aloha that really steers people right, in my opinion. Thanks for posting all the great stuff.
Old May 13th, 2005, 03:37 PM

i just noticed your email address is from mele.com. ..which is one of my favorite e-sources for hawaiian music! I give that site much mahalo for turning me on to some great music.