Kauai

Jul 5th, 2001, 09:46 PM
Michael Connick

Kauai

I'm planning a trip to Kauai for my wife and I to celebrate our 5 year anniversary in May of 2002. I'd like to find a ocean front house we can rent for $1,500 or less per week on the North Shore.

I've found several options online, but would like to ask for any personal experiences (positive or negative) or suggestions.

Also, if we were to plan a trip for 2 nights to one other island, what would you suggest and why? We're not looking for "nightlife" or the big city, which is why Kauai is our primary destination.

Thanks,
Michael Connick

Jul 6th, 2001, 01:29 AM
Ela

Hey Michael,

I live on Maui, and I think that perhaps Maui might be a good place for you. Oahu had always been to "city" like for me, but Maui is sort of in the middle - not totally city, but also not completely out of touch.

There are tons of things to do that most tourists miss out on - going up to Haleakala Crater and watching the sunset and then waiting for the stars to come out - spectacular!! But, remember to wear warm clothes since it can get to about 30 degrees fahrenhit at night!

Jul 8th, 2001, 04:34 PM
Sharon

Mike, We have done the house thing on the north shore.As the wife I must say it was not to my liking. Next stop Hanalei Colony Resort. I have found ny home. Pool, beach/chairs, maid service every third day, no phone,and no T.V. They supply beach towels, snorkle equipment, and mats for the beach. This is a very small place,very quite and peaceful. There are several ways to go. Beach front, beach view, and garden view. Our favorite is beach view. Sometimes the breeze is to strong for the ocean front, but, still there is a great view from inside. Every unit is furnished the same and each one has a lanai on one sideof the units. The office personal are very helpful and the price is right. Everyone that stays here are repeaters. Check it out!

Jul 8th, 2001, 04:55 PM
Sarah

www.Vacationspot.com found our rental on the referral link list attached to a condo. We are spending $128 a night for 7 nights. We are 2 blks from beach. If you want to book Hanalei on Kauai and I strongly suggest you do. You need to do this a year to 10 months in advance for the prime spots. I can't really comment on our condo yet. Last year we were at Hanalei Bay Resort and I was happy. I would call Pleasant Island Holidays or Roberts Hawaii or any other Hawaii based travel agency to see if they can get better than rack rates at HBR. There are condo rentals at HBR also. But a secluded home sounds better. I also liked the looks of Pua Poa next to the Sheraton in Princeville. Great book I am reading " The ultimate guide book to Kauai" I have been several times and finding new info in this book. A quick read as well. Good Luck

Search this Thread