Kapalua or Wailea, Resorts and Weather

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're planning a destination wedding for Aug, Sept or Oct of next year. We're considering 3 locations: Four Seasons in Wailea, Ritz in Kapalua, and Fairmont in Wailea. Has anyone stayed at one of these resorts? Did you like the place?

Also, after reading a few posts, I'm a little worried about the weather in Kapalua. Do you think it will be okay to have an outdoor sunset wedding in Kapalua? Or am I risking getting rained on?
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 02:39 PM

Kapalua should be fine those months.
Rainy season is usually winter months.
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 03:52 PM
bonniebroad

wedding06, I would choose Kapalua simply because the weather is almost always a little cooler and breezier there. Wailea can be/feel quite hot at that time of year, especially if the trades decide to really slow down. Either location is wonderful, though I'd go for the cooler location. Of course, we can never guarantee the weather, can we?

Old Sep 13th, 2005, 05:37 PM

we got to kapalua all the time and have never seen a droplet of rain and have seen literally dozens of gorgeous weddings right on the beach.

its much more intimate than wailea. no one is going to be doing their evening jog right behind you in the sweat clothes.

Old Sep 15th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for all the tips! I'm not too worried about the weather in Kapaula now. But, still can't decide between the Ritz and Four Season.
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 11:22 AM

Both are nice. The Four Seasons is known for its exceptional over-the-top service, but I've heard the Ritz has a much better weddings coordination dept.
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 12:03 PM

We just got back from Maui (8/31-9/7) - and it rained every day for about 15 minutes in Kapalua...we asked the waiter and he said it usually rains twice a day for about 5-10 minutes (I don't know if he just meant in Sept or what?) It is heaven on earth in Maui -Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 12:39 PM

Activity @ Ritz centers around pools, with the building sort of in a horseshoe around the pools. Views to the ocean are limited and distant, with a healthy downhill walk to beach which is usually too rough for snorkeling. Four Seasons and Fairmont have a better "Hawaiian" ambiance.
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 02:32 PM

I love the Wailea area but my nephew was married there last August and his family said it was HOT. It was in the evening just before sunset and they were all sweating...
Might make me think about the Ritz!
Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 04:15 PM

Hi there,
I am a travel agent and am leaving for the Kea Lani on Sunday! I would vote for the Kea Lani because it is an all-suite hotel and I have never heard any complaints. Same for the Four Seasons. I'd stay away from the Ritz. It is gorgeous but the weather could be iffy - windy or overcast. Also, the Ritz charges hidden charges such as parking (free at the Kea Lani) and I think a resort charge. I've had customers stay at all 3 and after next week I'll have been to all 3 also. Let me know if I can help plan your accomodations for your wedding! I know a great wedding coordinator in Maui.