Kanapali beach luau good for families?

Old Jun 7th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kanapali beach luau good for families?

I need some help. We will be in Maui August 1-9- this is our first trip to Maui. We would like to take our kids to a Luau ages are 6,7, and 10. I have read the Kanapali beach luau is a good value- 1 child free per paying adult. I have also read that Old Lahaina is the best- but we do not want to spend that much $$$. Has any one been the Kanapali luau- was it good. Or does anyone have any other recomendations? Thanks
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 09:24 PM

Royal Lahaina Luau is good. Perhaps the best value because there are lots of coupons available including 25% off in Entertainment Book for up to 4 people. Other coupons in the free brochures. Besides a regular luau menu they also have a kids menu.

Drums of the Pacific at the Hyatt has the best fire knife dancer on Maui.

Old Lahaina Luau can be boring for kids as they don't have a fire knife dancer.
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 10:39 PM

We stayed at the Royal Lahaina and went to the luau there several years ago. We thought the entertainment was very good, the food fair, but overall enjoyed the evening.
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 04:44 AM

I whole-heartedly agree with the Royal Lahaina Luau. We found out about this luau at the advise of our hotel's concierge in Kapalua. We were very glad we took the advice.
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 06:15 AM

With children, I would look more for a Polynesian Review (True Hawaiian luaus don't have fire dancers) We have enjoyed the Marriotts and the Hyatts. I actually thought that the seating was more organized at the Marriott, I enjoyed the refillable pineapple drink and the show. In fact, we will probably go again this summer. Look for discounts for either one. They are out there.
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 09:40 AM

Royal Lahaina Luau does have the fire dancers.
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 10:01 AM
amaclise

The Kaanapali Beach Hotel luau is supposed to be one of the more authentic, less touristy luaus. I like to believe it attracts true island talent because of this. I loved it but I did not have kids with me. They may like the more spectiacle the better.