kaanapali beach valet parking?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2008, 03:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will any of the hotel valet parking services let us leave our car (for a fee), so we can access the beach for a few hours?
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 04:00 PM

Yes, for $$$ anyone can park using valet. Westin and Sheraton did while we were there.
Deb
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 04:20 PM

We parked in the sheraton garage which is required to provide some free spaces for beach parking. Looking at the back of the hotel from the road the parking is on the far left right next to the beach path that runs between the sheraton & the property next door.
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

thank you, deb and suzie. good to know about the valet "deals" at the westin and sheraton, to use as back-up in case we can't find a space anywhere. do you remember what the valet's charge?
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 05:21 PM

We used the free self park at Westin as part of our package, but I would figure between $11 and 15.

Deb
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 05:56 PM

You DO NOT have to pay a fee to park to visit Kaanapali Beach. Hawaii has a law that they must allow public access to the beaches. At Kaanapali the access is via a little drive between the Whalers Village Parking Garage and the Westin. There are not a lot of spaces. It is sometimes hard to find a spot, but eventually you should be able to.

If you do not want to be inconvenienced possibly waiting for a spot, there is paid parking in Whalers Village Parking Garage. You may even be able to find a discount coupon.

I will admit I was last there 2 years ago, it may have changed .. but I sure hope not. So if this no longer correct, someone please correct me.

I never knew that there was free parking at the hotels, Hmmmmmmm
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 08:18 PM

Plenty of parking at Whalers Village and yes, there is still access to the beach. We just were there in February and enjoyed a walk on the beach along with dinner at the Hula Grill.

I can still feel the sand in my toes (you can dine on the sand!)

Old Aug 1st, 2008, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

thanks, all! i'm finding out more and more! how long a walk from whaler's village to the beach?
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 09:53 AM

Distance is all relative. When I want to know something like distance I use google.

I put Whaler's Village Maui in the search box. The first thing to come up is a google map. I click on the map, go to the upper right corner of the map, click on satellite and then use the scale on the left side to focus in. That way I can judge for myself how far it is to me.

I love the sattelite maps!
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 09:57 AM
dmlove

Whaler's Village is long and skinny. Imagine a mall, with one end on the beach, and the other end on the parking lot.

Old Aug 1st, 2008, 10:13 AM

Is that the Mall of America length? JK
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 11:16 AM

Does anyone pay attention to the "no beach parking signs"? I think I recall seeing those at Whaler's Village (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 06:10 PM
Original Poster

thank you! so, how long a walk from the whalers village parking lot to the beach (in terms of minutes)? how large a $$ purchase is needed to park for free?
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 07:12 PM

Me again ....
The "free" beach parking I have explained is between the Whalers Village Parking Garage and the Westin. The proximity to the sand is actually closer if you use the "free" parking lot because you drive along the side of Whalers Village to get to the actual parking spaces. It's not far at all. you could measure it in feet, probably. I would only consider going into the WV parking garage only if you can't find a parking spot in the "free" parking area. (It DOES NOT have lots of spaces) If you are worried, do try to find a coupon for I think it is 4 hours, possibly free if I remember correctly. It's in those activities and etc mags that you see all over. Hope this helps
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 07:14 PM

Honestly, why would you make yourself so crazy over this? How much is your whole trip to Hawaii costing you? A thousand dollars?

Is it worth driving around [wasting time and gas] to find one of the free 50 spaces or to go to Whaler's Village and buy something to get a free hour parking?

Pay the $15 to the valet and go to the beach and sit back and relax. Life is too short...

Access to the beach is free, sitting on the beach is free, going swimming is free. All that for $15 parking seems like a bargain to me.
Deb
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 07:36 PM
Original Poster

thank you, hpeabody!!!