Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Just got back- SF Park Hyatt, Yountville Inn, Best Western Dry Creek

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 10:28 PM
deb

Thanks to all you Fodorites for your suggestions for our San Francisco and wine country trip. Payback is only fair. I'll start with our hotels and post about wineries and restaurants when I get a chance.

SF Park Hyatt- got this fantastic place thru Priceline.com (use biddingfortravel.com for details) for $46 a night! What a deal. The room was large and beautifully appointed, but we could only get the 9th floor and the room faced the construction site. Was told that nothing else was available. Luckily it was a weekend and they were not working on the construction site. FYI-- ask for a room with a bay view and on one of the higher floors. Our room did have a bit of a view out of a corner window, though. It didn't matter... the room was lovely, the concierge a big help and we were able to reserve the hotel car to take us to dinner one night. What a treat! The bathroom was beautiful -fabulous shower : ))

Valet parking is $36 a day, but we were always able to park for free on the street (with a bit of juggling). It was not as "empty" as previous posts mentioned about weekends in the Financial District, however.

Complimentary coffee and tea in the morning and soft fuzzy bathrobes,too.

Next stop, Yountville Inn. A wonderful place with 51 rooms, pool, spa, continental breakfast with fresh squeezed OJ, yummy treats and cereal. They even provide lovely wicker trays for carrying back to your room or poolside.

We got a free upgrade to a terrific room with wood beamed, vaulted ceiling, fireplace, fridge, large tv and private patio. HUGE room with sitting area and king bed and gorgeous bath. This place is fairly new, so quite well appointed. Terry robe, too. I loved the lighted make up mirror in the bathroom(my eyebrows never looked so good)and the double sinks. We paid $191 per night with AARP discount and it was worth every penny. The people were really nice and the place is quiet, beautifully landscaped and immaculately clean. Highly recommend.

Next stop, Healdsburg. Okay, we were cheap here-- Best Western Dry Creek Inn. $85 a night. But it was clean and the rooms were good sized and not run down at all. They have a small pool, continental breakfast, friendly staff, fridge in the room, and even a complimentary bottle of wine(even the Yountville Inn didn't do that). It is not in the center of the town, but just a 5 minute drive to all the shops and restaurants. For the budget minded, there was a nice looking Travel Lodge right across the street. Be sure to ask for a room away from Highway 29 and it will be quiet.

Hope that helps some of you! Let me know if you have any questions.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Kal

Deb,
Ok. I'm ready for another trip to SF's PHyatt and to Yountville.
We stayed at the PHyatt a few months back and agree about the room and robe comments! Great service from everybody , too.
But, durn it, we used Hotwire and got it for something like $75/night.
Maybe that's why we were higher up and had a bit of a view? Dunno.

The Younville Inn has always been on our list and this may push us further.
We usually stay either at Bourdeaux House of funky Railway Inn or down the road at the Napa Marriott, Priceline's hotel of choice in the area.

The big question, where'ja eat!!?!?!
No.Cal Mahalos,
Kal

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 09:51 AM
deb

Hold your horses, Kal!!! I have to write up my rest. report. We ate at Bistro Jeanty, Mustards, The Rex, Mirapoix,Taylor's Refresher, a couple of picnics from Oakville Grocery and Dean & DeLuca. In SF, at Antica, Yabbie's, and Slanted Door.

To the person in a previous post.... YES, you need reservations at most places, even during the week.

Diet time!!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:14 AM
topper

TTT

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 09:41 PM
deb

Topping for Jan.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 10:50 PM
Jan

Thank You deb! for Topping for me
You people are all so helpful and kind.
You have made this an enjoyable trip planning experience. Can't wait to hi the road.
Cheers
Jan