Just Back from Kauai-ph

Jun 18th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Original Poster

Just Back from Kauai-ph

I'll give a brief synopsis- if you want more details you can email me at [email protected]

Stayed at the Hyatt near Poipu- lovely grounds, great service. The pool/lagoon area was amazing! However, tt is a very large hotel and rather spread out. They nickle and dime you a bit for things- like rafts and kayaks, which was a little annoying.
We enjoyed the spa very much and nearby attractions such as Spouting Horn.

Took 50-minute Island Helicopters tour- which I highly recommend. even if you are little scared, DO IT! just take some dramamine first. Its a once in a lifetime experience and you will see some amazing things. Also took a Cap'n Andy's 4-hour Na Pali sunset/dinner cruise. Its really amzing to see the cliffs from the water. The sea was rough and many passengers got sick. Once again, a great trip, but please take Dramamine first!

Restaurant recommendations: The Beach House (for fine dining and great sunsets) Kalaheo Coffee Co. (amazing coffee, breakfasts, pastries at great prices - so good we went there twice!)
Brenneke's- right across from Poipu Beach - nice atmosphere and great food.
Dani's ( in Lihue on Rice Street) - amazing Pineapple pancakes! Great cheap breakfasts!

Please email me with any more questions

Search this Thread