Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Jury's Hotel in Boston, Massachusetts (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/jurys-hotel-in-boston-massachusetts-786024/)

wanttogo May 22nd, 2009 04:06 PM

Jury's Hotel in Boston, Massachusetts

Has anyone stayed in this hotel? We are looking for a hotel with an elevator in the
Back Bay area. Any other suggestions about hotels will be appreciated-no B & B, please.

Anonymous May 22nd, 2009 05:28 PM

There are about 20 hotels in the Back Bay, and they all have elevators. Do you have any other criteria?

wanttogo May 23rd, 2009 05:02 AM

I did not know that there were so many hotels in the Back Bay area. I thought it was maily B & Bs and guest houses. I would like a hotel located close to some of the main historical sights of Boston, small restaurants and public transportation.
Jury's came up on one of the booking services but I am open to
other suggestions.

Pat

Anonymous May 23rd, 2009 05:58 AM

The Back Bay was literally a bay until it was filled in in the 1850s. It has lots of lovely architecture, both Victorian era and newer. Hotels represent most major chains and include the Eliot, Colonnade, Radisson, Hilton, Sheraton, Four Seasons, Westin, Park Plaza, Taj (formerly Ritz), Mandarin Oriental, and Hotel 140. Something to suit almost any budget!

The older historic sites in Boston, including most of the Freedom Trail, are in the Downtown, waterfront, and North End sections.

Boston is a compact and walkable city; in any of these areas, you'll be within walking distance of most activities and also near one of the subway lines.

lincasanova May 23rd, 2009 05:59 AM

go to hotwire.com , and www.betterbidding.com ( to help decipher which hotels are listed) to get a hotel for a fraction of rack rate.

or read up and try priceline.com at 4* level and you will have an elevator for sure.

wyatt92 May 23rd, 2009 08:03 AM

I don't even know that there are any guest houses or B&B's in the Back Bay. Maybe one or two. Anyway, as Anon mentioned, there are tons of hotels that suit your criteria. The Jurys is nice so if the price is right for you, then book it.

Anonymous May 23rd, 2009 08:40 AM

There are a few, including the Newbury Guest House, and there are also a few B&B's in the South End and Fenway that pretend they're in the Back Bay. Over the years, the border of Back Bay has crept southward. It used to end north of the train yards that became the Prudential Center!

NWWanderer May 23rd, 2009 11:12 AM

I haven't stayed there but a friend who is very picky about hotels stayed at Jury's last fall and really liked it.

yk May 25th, 2009 02:41 PM

The Jury's got very good reviews at TripAdvisor. I also like its location.

bennnie May 26th, 2009 05:52 AM

Jury's is one of the few Back Bay hotels I haven't stayed in, though I love the bar and public areas. I've stayed at the Lenox, Colonade, Sheraton, Hilton, Westin, and Marriott. Only the Sheraton would I hestitate to stay in again but that was not because it wasn't a good place just not my cup of tea. If you post again with some criteria that you are looking for I am sure we can help answer questions.

bennnie May 29th, 2009 10:10 AM

FYI Jury's announced today that they are changing the name of the hotel to The Back Bay Hotel.

dskimo1 May 29th, 2009 10:24 AM

Stayed at Jury's two years ago. Very nice. A real deal.