July Tahoe Honeymoon

Apr 22nd, 2000, 01:14 AM
David

July Tahoe Honeymoon

I will be in Tahoe in early July for my honeymoon. I am looking for a nice hotel in South Tahoe with a nice view for a reasonable price ($100 - $130). Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Apr 22nd, 2000, 08:36 AM
jane

Try the Royal Valhalla. 1-800-999-4104 4104 Lakeshore Blvd. (Amazingly I kept the flier!) We had a nice room facing the lake, on the 2nd floor. There's a balcony for lake viewing. It's nothing fancy, but clean, a nice view, pool and private beach. As I recall it was quite reasonable. But don't spend all of your time in SLT. Go up to Tahoe City! I lived there while in grad school, as I studied the lake. There are nice restaurants up north, away from the THRONGS of tourists down south. Check out Sunnyside (S. of Tahoe city, right on the lake) (place across the street- can't remember the name- is good for breakfast), Hacienda in the T. City Marina for touristy Mexican food, Rosies right in TC for breakfast or lunch. In SLT, there's a restaurant- VERY NICE! on Ski Run Blvd- called Nepheles, or something like that. Been there 3x. Check out the state parks for the scenery- Rubicon Point, Sugar Pine Park (I got married there), Taylor Creek. Enjoy!

Search this Thread