Joshua Tree Campsites

Nov 1st, 2004, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

Joshua Tree Campsites

Four of us are thinking about camping at Joshua Tree for a few nights on Thanksgiving weekend. I have looked for info on the different sites but haven't found much info other than what is on the nps page. Can anyone recommend one campsite over another. I looked and the ones that can be reserved, have openings.

We are two couples and two dogs. There is a pic on the nps of a tent st up... don't know where that is, though. Would rather have something less crowded. Flush toilets isn't a big deal either.
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:10 AM

I've camped at Joshua Tree twice and the only sites worth staying at do not accept reservations. Thanksgiving weekend will be crowded so I suggest you reserve your first night at Black Rock campground (I think that is what it is called) and then very early the next morning, like 4 or 5AM, drive into the park and find an available site. All the non-reservable sites are equally beautiful and you should take whatever you find, if you find anything. If you find nothing, you still have your not-so-good site to fall back on and you can spend your days in the park. Good luck!
Nov 4th, 2004, 04:22 PM

The above response is good advice. The campground you want is called Jumbo Rocks. You have to bring in your own water.

Search this Thread