Jogging Near Hotel Circle in San Diego?

Old Mar 20th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jogging Near Hotel Circle in San Diego?

I'm going to San Diego for 4 days -- I'll be staying at the Best Western Seven Seas on Hotel Circle. I'd love to do a few runs but I won't have a car (although they do have a shuttle). Any suggestions for decent, safe runs? I arrive in San Diego tomorrow.
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 06:08 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've only visited San Diego once, but go to Runner's World website, select "Travel," and put San Diego in the search box, and you'll pull up an article giving lots of running routes. See www.runnersworld.com. It sounds like a great place to run!
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:14 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lexma90, thanks so much for the response. One of the runs they talked about piqued my interest, and I googled it -- the 8.5 mile run around Mission Bay. I googled it and found an excellent "runner's map" of the trail, and printed it out. Hopped in taxi, and the taxi driver was wonderful -- he suggested I start at the beach, run down the beach for a while (they have a nice bike/jog/walk trail all along the beach), and then cut over to the right to catch the trail for the Mission Bay run. He then suggested that if I got tired, I could take the road to the little island full of expensive hotels, where I could catch a taxi easily. WONDERFUL advice -- I did exactly that. Got in a nice 3 mile run (I went mid-afternoon, it was hotter than I expected and I couldn't make the 4 miles I was hoping for). Then walked to the little island and waltzed into "Paradise Point," a very very nice resort. I decided I was hungry so I went down to their casual grill right on the water and had a fantastic, fresh dinner. Then walked up to the lobby and a taxi was just pulling away, so I flagged it down. Was back to Hotel Circle in a few minutes. A wonderful way to spend the afternoon!
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 06:14 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it - running on vacation has become a fun aspect of travelling for me, though I never take vacation running seriously - lots of stops for appreciating my surroundings!