Joe's Bar and Grill/rehearsal dinner placer

Old Mar 27th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joe's Bar and Grill/rehearsal dinner placer

Hello,
I am having a hard time trying to find a "middle of the road" place to have my rehearsal dinner in the Kihei/Wailea area. I have heard mixed things about Seawatch, but please share any experiences. I can't afford to do Spagos, nicks, or probably Sorrentos (even though I would love to). I have heard some nice things about Joe's Bar and Grill. Please share honest opinions and if you have any suggestions i would be grateful. By the way, when i say middle of the road, i was thinking originally of something like the restaraunt area of Hula Grill (not the Barefoot Bar part). So in other words, something nice, but not "Nicks nice."
thank you,
becca
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 06:20 AM

You know the food will be delicious. The same people own Haliimaile General Store which has an acclaimed chef (Joe's wife). The setting should be fun - casual with celebrity pictures on the wall. (Didn't Joe once work as an agent/manager?)
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 08:56 AM

Joe is from the music industry. He was a member of the Kingston Trio and has worked as a producer, stage manager, even directing a few videos. He worked for many years designing Alice Cooper's elaborate stage productions. Alice Cooper, who now spends a lot of time golfing at Makena, can often be seen at Joe's and at the General Store.
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 10:25 AM

Good choice...it's fairly reasonably priced and the food is definitely good! I personally like Joe's dinner menu much better than SeaWatch's dinner menu although the view at SeaWatch is the better of the two and SeaWatch is a quieter place.
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 10:32 AM

Another place to consider (no view though) is Marcos on South Kihei Road in Kihei. Good food...nice surroundings...a