Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Jim Cantwell Villa Passalacqua Winery (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/jim-cantwell-villa-passalacqua-winery-955643/)

jimcantwell Nov 4th, 2012 11:29 AM

Jim Cantwell Villa Passalacqua Winery

Has anyone visited the Passalacqua Winery? I would be interested in comments on Healdsburg, the Passalacqua Wine and local restaurants.

Many thanks,

Jim Cantwell

Dukey1 Nov 4th, 2012 11:49 AM

Your buddy Janis lives in California as I recall; perhaps she'll be kind enough to answer your question...you can hope anyway.

Grassshopper Nov 5th, 2012 09:15 AM

Hi Jim, I can't comment on that particular winery, but you're talking about my favorite Northern California wine neighborhood. There are hundreds of small wineries (and some not so small ones) in the area, and you can easily spend days exploring. Healdsburg is a fun little town with lots of charming places to stay and some great restaurants.

www.wineroad.com is a website with a great clickable map for discovering the most appealing places for you to visit.

dowab Nov 5th, 2012 10:23 AM

Do you know of any wineries that also have accomodations?

boom_boom Nov 5th, 2012 02:18 PM

I'm not aware of any Healdsburg area wineries with accomodations, but there are a few in the Paso Robles area.
Dunning Vineyard hasa guest villa and Zenaida Cellars has a B&B. I thin Summerwood also haa a B&B and maybe Justin.

easytraveler Nov 5th, 2012 07:14 PM

I've been to Passalacqua and even have a baseball cap from them.

It's so hard to talk about the wines of any particular winery. So much depends on the wine, the year of production, and the individual tastes of the winedrinker. Generally, Passalacqua's wines are good.

Healdsburg itself has a number of tasting rooms around the central square as well as a short walk/drive away. If you click on the wineroad link that Grasshopper has linked to and then click on "maps", then "Healdsburg", you'll get a balloon-filled map to show you the locations of the various wineries in Healdsburg itself. The wineroad maps also show the wineries in the surrounding valleys. If you will have a car, I strongly suggest that you visit other wineries outside the town of Healdsburg. Depending on what time of year and which day of the week you are planning to visit, it would be best to check and make certain that the wineries you are interested in will be open or may need a reservation for off-peak visits.

Ackislander Nov 6th, 2012 02:31 AM

This isn't meant to be snarky at all, but I am curious as to why you put your name at the beginning of your subject line. I didn't respond to another post on which I could have been helpful because I thought you were either a commercial poster or that you were offering information rather than seeking it.

janisj Nov 7th, 2012 09:08 AM

ackislander: Something weird does seem to be going on here (and risking Dukey's wrath) . . . jimcantwell is asking about Villa Passalacqua - and jimpassalacqua who registered the same day is asking about Cantwell Villa on the Europe board. Now <i>that</i> is a coincidence ;)

kappa1 Nov 8th, 2012 11:38 AM

And didn't Jimcantwell write he LIVES in Como?

DebitNM Nov 8th, 2012 01:13 PM

{he is registered agent for the villa passalacqua and is asking similar questions recently on several travel boards.}For what ever that is worth. http://www.refertus.info/thevillapassalacqua.com.phtml

vjpblovesitaly Nov 8th, 2012 01:23 PM

Bizzare

Grassshopper Nov 8th, 2012 02:21 PM

He's interested in a winery in California with a name like a Villa where he lives. Not so bizarre.

Dayenu Nov 8th, 2012 02:38 PM

I thought, what a smart way to promote his business without being kicked, but I may be wrong.

janisj Nov 8th, 2012 08:09 PM

Grasshopper: "<i>He's interested in a winery in California with a name like a Villa where he lives. Not so bizarre.</i>"

maybe so - but that doesn't explain 'jimpassalacqua' asking about Cantwell Villa.

Mayhaps the two jim's are the same person??