JFK Airport Transfer on Christmas Day

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 01:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We need to get from The Plaza to JFK for a flight leaving at 7.10 am on Christmas day. Planning to leave at 4 am, just to be sure. Could anyone recommend a very reliable cab/limo company that we can rely on to turn up (preferably one that is contactable via email)?
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 03:47 AM

Carmel (carmellimo.com) and Tel Aviv (telavivlimo.com) are 2 well known services often mentioned here. I can't personally vouch for their dependability. There will be no traffic at all at that hour, especially on that day. It could take as little as 30 mins to get there. So unless you're making an international flight that requires 2 hr advance check-in, I'd say leaving at 4:45 would be plenty of time.
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 04:05 AM

Since you're staying at the Plaza, getting a cab that morning should be no problem. Just to safe, just check with hotel the night before. The previous poster is correct, there will be very little traffic at that hour on Christmas morning.
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to those who replied.
We are flying to St Lucia so we need to be there at least 2 hours in advance, hence the 4am departure from the Plaza. As we are going on Honeymoon, and as it is Christmas day, we don't want to leave anything to chance.
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 06:31 AM
GoTravel

A good percentage of cab drivers are not Christian therefore do not celebrate Christmas. You will not have a problem with a cab. I've flown out of LGA several times early in the morning of December 25th and easily hailed cabs.

Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 07:12 AM

While I agree it should be easy to hail a cab, I also understand your concern about not leaving anything to chance. If it makes you feel better, order the car but it really will only take 30-40 minutes at that hour.
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 02:14 PM
Rob

I can understand your concern but leaving at 4 AM is really not necessary. Getting a taxi will be easy enough and the trip will take less than 30 minutes. Not that many flights leaving at 7 AM so getting through the security checkpoints should not be a problem. You will find airline personnel won't show up at the gate until about 45 minutes before the flight is scheduled to depart. If I were going I would leave at about 4:45 and even that might be too early. While taxis should be plentiful I would probably use a car service. 800 number for Tel Aviv car service is (212) 777 7777
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again. It is an international flight so we are required to be there for 5am. I do think 4am is a bit of overkill but my fiancee (who will be my wife by Christmas Day) does not like to leave things to chance, otherwise I would not be asking about this 3 months in advance.