Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Jet Blue Terminal at JFK Info Please (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/jet-blue-terminal-at-jfk-info-please-273427/)

Nikki Nov 15th, 2002 07:26 AM

Jet Blue Terminal at JFK Info Please

I have to pick up relatives on Thanksgiving Eve at 4:30PM at Jet Blue terminal. I went to the JFK website and I am almost ashamed to admit that I had trouble understanding the way the information is presented. I think Jet Blue is in terminal 6B. Can anyone out there confirm this please?! The website also stated that the parking lot for this terminal is often closed due to construction and that you should then use a different lot. Again, is there anyone out there who has experienced this? I would greatly appreciate any advice, info, and tips because I know JFK and traffic are going to be chaotic at best. Thank you.<BR>

J Nov 15th, 2002 07:29 AM

I wish I could help you because I feel for you. But after you sit in traffic for hours (depending on where you're coming from), you're going to wish you'd offered to pay for their cab to wherever you live or the nearest train station if going further than a reasonable cab ride.<BR><BR>Not knowing where you're coming from, it's hard to say for sure, but have you ever driven this route on the day before Thanksgiving? It's on of the most insane days of the year, and traffic that time of day is always bad to JFK.

Nikki Nov 15th, 2002 07:50 AM

Message to J:<BR>We are driving from West Point (the military academy). Stewart Airport was literally several hundred dollars more per person and the airline choices were so few that the there would be a couple of connections that involved changing planes. Anyway, car service averages over $100.00 compared to about $25.00 with tolls, gas, and parking. We figured being stuck in traffic together was another way to spend time together. To tell you the truth, the traffic doesn't concern us We'll deal with it. We just want to know where we should park since you can't wait for anyone outside the terminal in your car anymore. Any info on this terminal, it's location, how not to miss the parking lot, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

tweedy Nov 15th, 2002 09:05 AM

Nikki:<BR><BR>The flight on Jet Blue your family will love. The planes are new and have cable TV on each seat. Very comfortable planes.<BR><BR>On the other hand, please try and find another way to meet them somewhere. The traffic on Wednesday night will not be heavy or difficult, it will be a nightmare. I would suggest finding out if there is a shuttle or car service north of the city that they can get to at the airport. JFK is a mess right now with construction, and with the added headache of Thanksgiving, traffic will be backed up for hours.<BR><BR>Do yourselves a favor and find an alternate travel plan to get them from JFK.<BR><BR>

xxx Nov 15th, 2002 09:44 AM

To find your way to the terminal, read the signs when you enter the airport. They list the airlines, tell you what terminals thay are in, and there are usually arrows pointing where to turn.<BR><BR>When you get to the terminal, look for parking signs, they tell you where to park the car. At JFK, the parking is in the infield so if you are driving in a counter-clockwise circle, it will be on your left. Vice-Versa if going the other way. Basically, opposite side of the terminals.<BR><BR>Sometimes some of the lots are closed for construction or whatever reason. WHen that's the case, I go to the next parking lot and park there. Then I walk to the terminal that I wanted to get to. It's a pain with luggage but all part of the charm of NYC, I guess.