Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Jersey Boys/August Wilson Theater (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/jersey-boys-august-wilson-theater-445045/)

EmilyC Oct 6th, 2008 06:13 AM

Jersey Boys/August Wilson Theater

I want to see this show with DH o Sunday, Feb 15 for the matinee. For this matinee, I believe that it will be all of the main singers according to what I have read. My biggest problem is that I am not experienced enough to know which seats are "good" seats. We would like to sit on an aisle.
Any advice appreciated!!

happytrailstoyou Oct 6th, 2008 07:22 AM

I like a seat in the center of the 8th, 9th, or 10th row of the orchestra. However, since seats there are seldom available at hit shows, I try to get a seat as near to that area as possible.

I don't complicate things by hoping for an isle seat.

bethke14 Oct 6th, 2008 07:54 AM

The good thing about Jersey Boys is that its tickets are on telecharge, so you have the option to "search for the next set of seats" when you're purchasing tickets. I'd just keep clicking until you find something you like. Find a good seating chart with seat numbers - and try not to sit all the way to the left or right.

I like to be as close to the front and the center of the orchestra as possible, or in the first two rows of the mezzanine, but that's simply my preference - I want to see faces.

Aisle seats are hard to come by (for some shows they are even charging a premium for them!)

Since there's only one show on Sunday, there isn't a scheduled absence for the lead.

mclaurie Oct 6th, 2008 08:02 AM

Find a good seating chart online and then PHONE for tickets so you can speak to a live person.

EmilyC Oct 6th, 2008 08:18 AM

Thanks folks! Is orchestra always better than mezzanine in this case?

EmilyC Oct 6th, 2008 10:45 AM

OK...need a little more help. I can get seats in the first or second row on the mezzanine level. This sounds good because I think I will see better there than in Row T in the orchestra..which is the closest available now. Does this sound like a good assumption?
Thanks

happytrailstoyou Oct 6th, 2008 11:15 AM

In this case, yes. The first row of the mezzanine is over row 11 of the orchestra at the August Wilson Theater: http://www.telecharge.com/BehindTheC...px?prodid=5171

djkbooks Oct 6th, 2008 01:25 PM

Aisle seats would put you to the right or left. Center is better.

HowardR Oct 6th, 2008 01:35 PM

Definitely grab the front mezzanine seats.

NeoPatrick Oct 6th, 2008 02:41 PM

There are only a couple of Broadway theatres where my favorite seats AREN'T the front row of the mezzanine. In the smaller, older theatres like the August Wilson, I grab the front row mezzanine when I can. And I really care little about being pretty much to the side either. Not having any heads in front of you is a HUGE advantage over those flat orchestra rows where you often have to bob your head back and forth to see between the two people in front of you.

rncheryl Oct 6th, 2008 02:49 PM

Get ready for uncomfortable seats, limited leg room, and the absolute best rocking time I've had in the theatre.

dmlove Oct 6th, 2008 07:09 PM

<i>There are only a couple of Broadway theatres where my favorite seats AREN'T the front row of the mezzanine</i>

My parents agreed with this completely. Whenever a new show opened in NY, my mother would ask for whatever date she could get front mezz seats for, regardless of how far out the date was (the advantage of living in NY, rather than just visiting, or having to see the show in another city where it only plays for 2 or 3 weeks).

KathyK Oct 6th, 2008 08:27 PM

Yes, grab those first row mezzanine tickets. Don't worry about the aisle, you'll love this show!

EmilyC Oct 7th, 2008 04:30 AM

Thank you to everyone! I have front row mezzanine seats! I used telecharge.com which is very helpful for the way that available seats are displayed.