Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Jersey Boys (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/jersey-boys-681936/)

ceilifinnigan Feb 21st, 2007 10:39 PM

Jersey Boys

We were hoping for Jersey Boys tickets for 3/3 or 3/4 but the Curran has no tickets and the consolidators want $250 & up per ticket. This seems really high-is it because of Chinese New Years/

Thank for any tips.
C

HowardR Feb 22nd, 2007 04:18 AM

No. More likely, it's simply because it's a hot ticket!

Naplo999 Feb 22nd, 2007 05:42 AM

Yeah Chinese New Year. New Yorks Chinese community loves Frankie Valli. Kidding.

Jersey Boys and Wicked tickets are the tickets to get at the moment. I know when I looked for Wicked tickets before Christmas there were about two weekend available between then and June. I bet Jersey Boys is the same if not harder to get.

Wait, Curran Theatre? Not sure what the demand is outside of broadway.

NeoPatrick Feb 22nd, 2007 06:02 AM

We were in New York the first week of February and I was unable to get any decent tickets a month in advance for Jersey Boys. We'll be back for a month, mid May to Mid June, so I tried in January to get tickets for the show then. Guess what. I gave up as I could find NO good seats (only restricted view, extreme sides or back, or rear mezzanine) for the entire month.
It's a VERY hot ticket.

samschack Feb 22nd, 2007 06:26 AM

Like the others indicated, it's a very hot show, and for very good reason, it's a fantastic production.
We were fortunate to see it a few weeks after it opened last year and loved it.

HowardR Feb 22nd, 2007 06:28 AM

FO\or anyone who doesn't realize it, the OP is talking about the Curran in San Francisco, where a road company has opened.

Abby43 Feb 22nd, 2007 06:47 AM

If the original cast is still in it then WORTH THE MONEY!!!

Kal Feb 22nd, 2007 06:49 AM

We just saw Jersey Boys at last Sunday's mantinee performance and it was sold out with people holding up signs on the sidewalk asking to buy tics.

Isn't there a discount place at Un. Square like they have in NYC/B'way that sells tics the day of the performance at discount prices...if there are any available?

GREAT show btw....=D>

I'm STILL singing <i>&quot;You're just to good to be truuuuuue....&quot;</i> and Faina knows what a good singer I am..#-O

But the Curran isn't made for a person who is 6'4&quot;. b(

NeoPatrick Feb 22nd, 2007 06:54 AM

Ah, we sure have to keep awake and read carefully and also know the names of theatres across the country. I never imagined this wasn't about Broadway. I'd have had to look up Curran somewhere to find out what city the poster was talking about as the name didn't happen to ring a bell. I thought the Chinese New Years was an odd reference for a Broadway show availability.

Sorry.

TarheelsInNj Feb 22nd, 2007 06:58 AM

Have you visited the Curran website (shnsf.com)? They offer ticketing tips, which may help you determine availability:
http://www.jerseyboystour.com/sftips/

Kal Feb 22nd, 2007 06:59 AM

It's Chinese New Years 3 hrs earlier in NYC. :))

Betsy Feb 22nd, 2007 07:03 AM

Craigslist, folks! Try Craigslist! We're seeing the show next week with tickets for seats on the mezzanine that we bought at face value on Craigslist a few weeks ago. You have to shop carefully though. I looked for individuals selling tickets instead of agencies. Suggest you check the site several times a day, as new listings appear throughout the day.

NeoPatrick Feb 22nd, 2007 07:05 AM

Kal, is that where they drop the fortune cookie in Times Square?

Kal Feb 22nd, 2007 07:14 AM

...and another one an hour later? ;)

Bets....I keep forgetting about Craigslist. Thx and enjoy the show!

Betsy Feb 22nd, 2007 07:16 AM

Hey, tall fellow! Glad our seats aren't behind yours!

LoveItaly Feb 22nd, 2007 10:36 AM

A mutual friend of mine and also of Kal and his wife saw Jersey Boys at the Curran in SF. She is not tall and she even complained to me afterwards about being uncomfortable due to the lack of leg room. Guess the audience has to pretend they are sitting in a couch seat on an airplane, lol.

Kal Feb 22nd, 2007 11:33 AM

Bets,
Leg room was so bad I had to spread my legs so the gal in front of me could hear the songs. O:)

I did sit down midway thru the standing ovation so the people behind me could see what was going on.

What cracked me up is another tall guy with a shorter wife sat next to me.
I told him, &quot;they don't make 'em for big guys do they?&quot;.
His wife heard it and asked him if he wanted to switch with her since she was sitting next to a smaller lady...&quot;No..I'm fine&quot;. Arrgh!

RBCal Feb 22nd, 2007 12:05 PM

If you are willing to go to the Ahmanson in LA tickets are just now going on sale. I bought mine for June and they were nearly sold out already.

jamie99 Feb 22nd, 2007 02:47 PM

Anyone know when the Los Angeles tickets go on sale, I have heard radio ads saying you can buy them now but only if you go through Amex and I do not have Amex card.

I am debating between going to see Jersey Boys and going to see the Police in June at Dodger Stadium (tickets go on sale in LA Feb. 26). Any ideas which is better, because I cannot afford both.

HowardR Feb 22nd, 2007 02:53 PM

Not knowing your taste, it's impossible to answer your question. However, I would lean towards the Police concert, since that'll probably be your only chance to ever see them.