Search

jeckyl & hyde

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:10 AM
barbara

jeckyl & hyde

Does anyone know if there are long waits at this restaurant? I would probably be going during the week around 4:00 pm. The same with restaurants like Mars 2112, and the WWF for Monday smackdown. Are they impossible to get into? I don't think they take reservations.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:46 AM
Philip

You will be fine on a weekday at 4pm for Jekyll & Hyde (the one on 6th Avenue is the better one). For the 6th avenue restaurant, when you see a line outside, it's only because they can only fit so many into the "event" that gets you inside. Once you are inside, the seating area is quite big.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:49 AM
Oh My!

Oh my goodness, there's a WWF restaurant? What's the world coming to.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 12:03 PM
xxx

I have been to the Jekyl & Hyde in the Village and in Midtown (not my choice). Save your money as these restaurants are dumps that are dirty tourist traps.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 12:25 PM
hmmm

Uhmmm...xxx, this poster is asking about a WWF smackdown restaurant - I don't think she is looking for haute cuisine. J & H sounds right up her alley.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 12:50 PM
BARBARA

No, i'm not looking for haute cuisine, just wanted to check out the theme restaurants they don't have back home, and I can hardly imagine that the WWF right in midtown Mahattan is filthy.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 12:59 PM
idea

I am not a fan of theme restaurants at all (in fact, i never understood why someone would want to go to a theme restaurant over trying a GOOD one in a new city).. BUT, to each his own, and if that's your thing, I would suggest ESPN Zone in Times Square... food is same as most theme restaurants (ok but overpriced).. but its kind of fun even for some NYC'ers, because they have lots of games to play/watch.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Helennj2

I was in Mars2112 about 4 years ago for my daughter's sweet 16 party. It was perfect. Lot's of fun and interesting to look at. I don't remember it being difficult to get into, but i probably made reservations for the party.