Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/jason-lapene-best-visiting-place-for-holidays-1035785/)

jasonlapene Jan 27th, 2015 09:17 PM

Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays

Hi my name is Jason Lapene, I am planning to visit USA this month with my friends and family, but don't know exactly which one is good for us. Can anybody share the link from where I can get the list for best visited tourist places so that we can decide which is the best one to enjoy our holidays...

txgirlinbda Jan 28th, 2015 01:07 AM

Hi Jason. Welcome to Fodor's.

Your request is way too broad and vague for anyone to give you much help at all. You are going to need to provide a lot more information if there's any hope of helping you out.

Where are you coming from?
How many days do you have for your holiday? When are you planning on visiting?
What is your budget, in actual dollars, and does that include your flights?
How many people?
What kind of holiday are you hoping for? Busy city, bright lights? Relaxing in a resort? Skiing? Do you want luxury? Or basic accommodations?
Is anyone in your party planning on renting a car, or will you be relying on public transportation?

The US is a huge place with tons of options. Whatever information you can give us will help.

janisj Jan 28th, 2015 06:53 AM

I am pretty sure this is not a legit question. We have had about 8 or 10 identical threads in the last couple of months, following the exact same format:

Register on fodors
Screen name in thread title
Same syntax/vocabulary
Tagged for a teast one state
'Mt name is xyz . . .'
'I am traveling to the US w/ friends and family'
'Can anybody share a link . . .'

Most if not all the others have been deleted. My guess they were preludes to another 'newbie' registering to post a 'wonderful' website.

But . . . We shall see, maybe Jason will come back and fill in the blanks???

txgirlinbda Jan 28th, 2015 07:00 AM

Ahhh, darn. I was really trying to give OP the benefit of the doubt. Oh well. So much for trying!

NewbE Jan 28th, 2015 07:08 AM

It's quite obviously not a legitimate question.

janisj, yes, we've seen this pattern a lot--why the user name in the title?? Do you have any idea? There must be a reason... makes them easy to spot anyway.

rizzo0904 Jan 28th, 2015 07:31 AM

He also posted on another travel forum. There is someone by that name that is a realtor in GA, and he tagged GA. Weird...

NewbE Jan 28th, 2015 09:21 AM

Maybe they think someone will Google the name...? But why would anyone do that? Mysterious.

HowardR Jan 28th, 2015 10:04 AM

Two more factors which add to the questionable validi of the post:

1. The poster says the visit is this month. Well, today is the 28th, so I sort of doubt that the gang is coming this month if they are just seeking advice now.

2. The poster asks for the "best visiting place for holidays."What holidays?

NewbE Jan 28th, 2015 10:49 AM

No one who can use a computer to find a travel forum, register, and post a query would be this cluelessly unable to do any more research. No need to think past that.