Jacquimo's?

Apr 12th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Jacquimo's?

I imagine I've butchered the spelling, but can anyone give me recent feedback on this restaurant? DH and I saw something about it on tv and thought it looked fabulous, but I hear there is a new chef. Is it worth taking a cab ride from the French Quarter (how far is it?)?
Apr 12th, 2005, 08:26 AM

Snowrooster,
The cab ride is about 15-20 minutes - depending on where you are staying. I have always loved it, but have not been in almost a year. I have read posts that it is not as good as in the past since they have a new chef, but cannot say from personal experience.
Another favorite of mine (and I just went in October and was still wonderful) is Dick & Jenny's. Also out of the Quarter. It is on Tchoupitoulas and about 15 min cab ride from the Quarter. They change the menu every few months, but everything I've ever tried has been delicious!
D&J's is not far from (walking distance) Tipitina's. A great place for music. You can check out who's playing and decide if the joint activity is worth leaving the Quarter for a while.
Apr 12th, 2005, 10:59 AM

Went to Jacques Imos and Galatoire's (what extremes!) over the weekend. I didn't enjoy JI as much as I had in the past. Austin (chef) is now at Pampy's on North Broad Street...not the best neighborhood in the city but not bad either. Nice place, too. The fried chicken is amazing and Chef Austin makes all sorts of great Cajun dishes.

As for Jacques Imos, it was still good but the word is definitely out. We had reservations (parties of 5+) but without them I would not have waited the 1.5 hours. It's mostly tourists, too, so don't think you're visiting a "locals" restaurant any longer!

Hope this helped in some way, snowrooster.
Apr 12th, 2005, 11:14 AM

The Jacques Imo's on the Upper West Side of Manhattan (NYC) is great. Not too long ago, it was a New York Times pick for "under $25."

Search this Thread